Go to footer

Sport exhaust for R53

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Sport exhaust for R53

Postby MikeP » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for a more sporty exhaust for R53,but it needs to be something MINIworthy and classy.
Is JCW exhaust only way to go?Or should I consider some aftermarket brands?
MikeP
Just Joined!

Re: Sport exhaust for R53

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:41 am

Hi Mike,

The JCW is lovely but also look at Scorpion too. They are good quality and a couple of members have them on their MINI's.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Masterbiker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Scorpion all the way! I had one on my R50 one (remaped to have more power than the standard cooper), it was nice and quiet when you wanted it to be, quieter than the standard exhaust, but when you gave it some it had a really nice growl.

I currently have a Scorpion full cat back system on my R56 S. It is nice and loud under heavy acceleration, but it isn't insane boy racer loud. It is a little droning when you're sticking to 120 and there's an incline that's causing you to give a bit more gas.

Sadly i've never experienced the R53 version. But I am sure that you wouldn't be disappointed.
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Masterbiker » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:44 pm

I should add that the one I have on my S at the moment doesn't have the centre resonator/front silencer, which is why it has the droning under load. I don't think you would have that problem with the R53 version.
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MikeP » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:43 pm

Thanks guys.
MikeP
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion