Go to footer

Tyre review: Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 from EPT Tyres

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Tyre review: Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 from EPT Tyres

Postby Masterbiker » Sat May 10, 2014 5:52 pm

Hey All,

I've finally had the fronts also changed to the Hankook Ventus V12 evo2. I've not been able to give the car a hard time yet as my recirculation valve is broken (so no boost :1icon_frown: ). I'll update when it's fixed and been able to give the car a real blast round some bends.

But even without being the almost middle aged boy racer that I am, I have noticed a big difference already over the dunlop runflats I had on the car before.

- The road noise has almost gone. I can't believe how much quieter these are.
- They felt very confident in the rain. If any of you know the mallow road in heavy rain, you will know it gets quite deep rivers going across it. On the way home from EPT tyres the heavens opened a lot heaver than normal and the road had much bigger rivers than I've seen before. That drag you feel when driving through deep water was hardly noticeable.

So, so far I am very impressed.

Getting these fitted by EPT tyres for €120 a corner has to be the best value for money in the whole of Ireland.

That price is for fully paid up members only and I would guess that price also depends on if their suppliers can also keep them in stock for however much they charge EPT for them.

The service the guys gave me from EPT tyres was top notch too. So a big thanks to the lads at EPT tyres, who spent ages getting the tracking perfect!
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Tyre review: Hankook Ventus V12 evo2 from EPT Tyres

Postby MiniMpi » Sun May 11, 2014 7:54 am

I have to agree with you 100% Michael.
I had two of these Hankooks on the front since last year and found them excellent.
When I got my new alloys the other day I got a set of 4 Hankooks from EPT with their great deal.
As with any new tyre they take a bit of running in time, roughly 300/500 km's.
I have to say they are outstanding, having the 4 all round has really made the difference.
Wet weather grip is brilliant and on a 'spirited drive' the other day on some twisties in dry weather, they were very very sticky, seriously good handling.
Highly recommend both EPT tyres and these Hankook Ventus V12 evo's.
Remember this great price is only available to FULLY PAID MEMBERS and at just €20 for the year it's well worth it for the discounts you get
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby AdyP » Mon May 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Good to hear you are getting such good results without paying silly money lads!
AdyP

Postby Masterbiker » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:40 am

Update:

It's been a few months now, since having these fitted and my initial impressions have been confirmed. These are really awesome tyres. I couldn't recommend them more.
Masterbiker

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion