Go to footer

Bluetooth Streaming

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Bluetooth Streaming

Postby AdyP » Mon May 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi guys

I just wanted to give you guys a quick rundown on something I got recently to let me stream music in my R56. The later cars can do this out of the box, but the pre-facelift ones don't, even if you have Bluetooth prep for hands-free calling. I have been using an Aux cable up to now, but the plugging and unplugging was just too much of a faff. I wanted to just get in and play music right away. That and also the kids like playing DJ in the back, and long cables were just getting in the way.

So looking at options, I found this online, and it got pretty good reviews. It's called the ViseeO Tune2Air, and is meant to do exactly what I needed.

It works through an iPhone media cable, plugged into the Aux and USB ports in the centre console.

Once connected, you will see it show up as iPod on your source selection. This is the same as for a direct connection to the phone, but it is now things become better.

Tucked away in the cup holder or below the media ports, it powers on as soon as you unlock the car.

Now you can discover it as a bluetooth transmitter, and connect wih a pin code. If you now start playing music, it'll automatically stream through the car. Sound is great so long as you don't chuck the phone volume to max. You can also control the phone, skipping tracks forward and back and it shows the track names on your display.

All in all it is a great little setup, easy to use and works perfectly apart from an occasional glitch. What is nice is that you can be connected to the car for phone calls as well so hands-free use hasn't changed.

Top gadget!
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Bluetooth Streaming

Postby Masterbiker » Thu May 08, 2014 9:00 pm

If this worked with Andriod phones, that would be the buisness. But I doubt Apple would allow it to appear as an iPod but connect to an Android phone :D
Masterbiker

Postby James Downes » Sat May 10, 2014 7:05 pm

I'v ordered this for my VW caddy: www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321375412169?ssPageN ... 1497.l2649

I'll just leave my Ipod connected, I was going to go with a 3.5 mm jack but I think the sound quality will be better from this type of setup.

There is NOTHING worse than bad sound quality.
James Downes
Getting used to the place

Postby MiniMpi » Sun May 11, 2014 7:31 am

Looks good James, let us know how you get on with it.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby AdyP » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:11 pm

Update on this, it works perfectly for Android as well! Tried an experiment and it shows up as iPod on the MINI AV menu and plays as normal. Multifunction also works just fine as well.
AdyP

Postby Masterbiker » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:53 pm

Nice :)
Masterbiker

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion