Go to footer

Ross' R56 FJCW

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: Ross' R56 FJCW

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:52 am

Awesome trip and a very detailed account of it Ross, Well Done !! :) :) :)
Ger is only back from a very similar trip.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby The cake » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:24 am

Looks pure class, That twisty road would give you goose bumps.. but i reckon my girlfriend would be needing a sick back going down it :1icon_eek:
Serious trip and the works is looking proper.. :thumbup:
The cake
Getting used to the place

Postby Fluoxetine » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:38 am

The cake wrote:Looks pure class, That twisty road would give you goose bumps.. but i reckon my girlfriend would be needing a sick back going down it :1icon_eek:
Serious trip and the works is looking proper.. :thumbup:

That was my limiting factor - The Mrs sat in the passenger seat screaming & punching my leg lol

The Mini was made for these sort of roads - There's a few similar in Scotland, but these were of a different scale completely! :D
Fluoxetine
Just Joined!

Postby Fluoxetine » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:56 pm

Unfortunately my Mini departed off for a new home on the Isle of Islay yesterday lunchtime :1icon_frown:

I'd always planned to bring it over permanently, registering it in Ireland, but parking issues at our rented apartment put paid to that.

I'd kept it at my folks place in Scotland, in the hope that we'd be buying a house next Spring, but we've decided to save for another year, so there's no point in it lying dormant for a further 12 months.

I will miss it - It was a cracking car, and I enjoyed driving it around Ireland & the UK, as well as the Euro trip in August. It didn't embarrass itself on track at Mondello, and shrugged off the 'abuse' with ease. (A little bit heavy / softly sprung for a track car, but still amusing).

Have replaced it with a real oddball - A Citroen LNA, for £400

Being of 1983 vintage = fixed rate cheap VRT, vintage vehicle tax, and hopefully cheap insurance :1icon_blackeye:

(Also looking at taking a 50% share in an S1 Elise for trackday fun in the UK, so it's not all bad :D )

Thanks to all for the friendly welcome - I may well be back in a Mini once we get a house with decent parking sorted out :thumbup:
Fluoxetine
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:07 am

Hi Ross,

Sorry to hear your gorgeous MINI is gone :(
That is a lovely Citroen !! Similar to the Peugeot 104, I had a ZS version which was the sporty one.
Stay in touch and feel free to contribute away buddy ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars