Go to footer

Upgrade to r56

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Upgrade to r56

Postby cod7 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:32 pm

Hey guys, so I haven't been on in a long time. My car currently is a 03 Cooper S with aero kit, some may have met me at Mondello there last year (possibly two years ago actually). So I have my car on donedeal and I have a potential buyer once I get the car through the NCT retest. I'm upgrading to a 08 Cooper S with JCW body kit also, just have to wait till I sell my car to get into it. The only thing that really annoys me about the new car is the lack of a sunroof, I love my own sunroof... I'll stick a photo up when I get it, and like my current car, I'll be adding bits to it! One of my upgrades on my current car are JCW Sparco leather seats which will be looking for a new home, so in the meantime, if anyone is interested just let me know. Hopefully I'll have it for next weekend all going well! Thanks, Ciaran.
cod7
Just Joined!

Re: Upgrade to r56

Postby jordanfaf » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:03 pm

cod7 wrote:Hey guys, so I haven't been on in a long time. My car currently is a 03 Cooper S with aero kit, some may have met me at Mondello there last year (possibly two years ago actually). So I have my car on donedeal and I have a potential buyer once I get the car through the NCT retest. I'm upgrading to a 08 Cooper S with JCW body kit also, just have to wait till I sell my car to get into it. The only thing that really annoys me about the new car is the lack of a sunroof, I love my own sunroof... I'll stick a photo up when I get it, and like my current car, I'll be adding bits to it! One of my upgrades on my current car are JCW Sparco leather seats which will be looking for a new home, so in the meantime, if anyone is interested just let me know. Hopefully I'll have it for next weekend all going well! Thanks, Ciaran.

thought id eventually find you on here lol .im the guy who initially texted you about your seats!

Have you test driven the turbo model? i haven't myself but id imagine its very different to the supercharged engine which is my favrouite thing about the r53. Id be in the same boat as you with the sunroof, for me it would be a drastic deciding factor of a new mini especially after having it on my current mini. I spent a long time trawling DoneDeal and Carzone to find my current sunroof model and it dosnt have the aero kit i wanted but its a good compromise for all that sun (or rain).

If the R56 has everything you want bar the roof id give it a go i suppose, but sometimes waiting that bit longer for the right spec is always worth it (from my experience) i ended up finding a sunroof model with lower milage than what i was initially looking at!

Good Luck and make sure timing chain is checked on that R56, Let us know your decision and post some pics when you get them!
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby cod7 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:39 pm

Haha I'm a big mini guy myself so I'd have to be on this! The timing chain has just been replaced with a full service history, so I've decided the car is definitely clean enough and good enough spec so I'll do without the sunroof, though I will be getting the roof and spoiler either sprayed or wrapped in black! Hopefully it'll be Tuesday and I'll have the new one! Thanks for the advice!!
cod7
Just Joined!

Postby AdyP » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:25 pm

Good luck with the new car mate! Apart from the different engine there is a completely different feel to the rest of the car as well. The 53 is a much more gritty-feeling car to drive, the steering, gearshift, ride quality etc. some people prefer the older car, some the newer one. Pros and cons to both really. I am happy with the 56 though, both in terms of looks, feel and performance.

Look forward to seeing it soon.
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby cod7 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:15 pm

FINALLY got into my R56 today, but I dont know how to put a picture up from my Dropbox...and I can't access the FAQ link! Anyway, there seems so much more power and torque than the R53, I love it!! Now to start putting my own touches on the car, what to do......
cod7
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:57 pm

I'm not too familiar with dropbox but its the IMG link you want to copy of the photo on Dropbox.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby jordanfaf » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:08 pm

cod7 wrote:FINALLY got into my R56 today, but I dont know how to put a picture up from my Dropbox...and I can't access the FAQ link! Anyway, there seems so much more power and torque than the R53, I love it!! Now to start putting my own touches on the car, what to do......

I just upload it to google plus. Very easy that way
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars