Go to footer

Walnut shell blasting

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Walnut shell blasting

Postby irlmin » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:00 pm

As some of you may know R56 MINI Cooper S turbo models especially the N14 engined models suffer from carbon build-up on the valve backs , there have been various ways to deal with this some involving cylinder head removal some chemical , BMW developed a solution using crushed walnut shells being blasted into the ports following inlet manifold removal and the residue vacuumed out . walnut shells are a blasting media that do no damage even if a little is left behind . good news is We now have the capability to carry out this procedure after many months of trying to get our hands on the tools ---- long story !! . give Me a call or PM for pricing or appointment .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Walnut shell blasting

Postby Masterbiker » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:29 am

I had this done last week.

My valves weren't super clogged up like some of the N14 engines can be, so I don't think I was loosing any power, but I still feel that there has been quite a difference. Especially with idle speeds and the smoothness of the power delivery. So I am very happy with the outcome :)
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion