Go to footer

Carpet Replacment

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Carpet Replacment

Postby jordanfaf » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:15 pm

Previous owner of my car spilled some nasty sticky gooey stuff in the passenger foot well. Finally sick of trying to cover the smell up with air fresheners. been to 3 places to get it cleaned and none say they can get it out (ive tried myself). decided to just change the carpet all together. Ive found a brilliant condition carpet from Tony Meegan Breakers, 100 euro including delivery.

has anyone performed the task of removing the flooring yet? is it relatively straight forward (bolts and clips) or am i in over my head?
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Carpet Replacment

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:41 pm

We do it all the time tracing can-bus faults !! remove all the the seats ,(watch wiring connections under seats ),footwell trim panels , door step panels , center console complete , seat belt lower bolts , old carpet will come out in 1 piece , refitting is reverse of removal . you will need to have airbag light switched off after refitting seats .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Ace of Spades » Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:07 am

You completed the carpet replacement yet jordan?
Ive had the seats out of my 2006 r53, disconnected the battery first, took seats out (fitted R56 jcw recaros) and hooked battery up again.
Airbag light never came on.
Ace of Spades

Postby jordanfaf » Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:43 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:You completed the carpet replacement yet jordan?
Ive had the seats out of my 2006 r53, disconnected the battery first, took seats out (fitted R56 jcw recaros) and hooked battery up again.
Airbag light never came on.

No havnt gotten around to it yet. Just tried steaming the carpet one last time and currently waiting for it to dry to see if it has lifted anything! Ill be replacing next weekend if it hasnt worked. Ill be sure to disconnect the battery in that case. Thanks!
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf

Postby jordanfaf » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Steamed the carpet and the smell and heavy dirt is gone! still gonna change the carpet tho as thers a lot of cigarette burns
2006 R53 Cooper S
jordanfaf

Postby Foli » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:14 pm

I know the problem too, the carpets are generally really hard to clean and get dirty dirty pretty fast. A friend of mine recommended me a protection floor last year, on which the dirt doesn't stick that much (https://www.sortimo.ie/products/flooring-wall-cladding/). I feel like thats worth it over the carpet so far.
Foli
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help