Go to footer

If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Postby Ferg Mayo » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:04 pm

irlmin wrote:Hi Ferg,
Welcome to the site , the Roof problem is a common one and we have replaced lots of them with new ones at a considerable saving on the figure you were quoted . contact me by PM or e-mail or indeed call me Monday and I will let you have some options .
G

Hi and thanks for getting back! Sorry only seeing this now.I'll give ye a call,Who should I ask for? Thanks again for relpy
Ferg Mayo
Just Joined!

Postby Keithcollinscork » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:22 pm

Hello

New MINI driver here got an r56 one, in white with stripes, fairly basic model really, but I'm just dipping my toes in the water first, loving the fun drive. From Bishopston in Cork, can't figure how I'm gonna get my beast sized golden retriever in the back, hope to join the owners club soon

Keith
Keithcollinscork
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi Keith ,
Welcome to the site , keep an eye here for upcoming events . We will be starting Our summer Wednesday monthly 'fish and chip' runs to Kinsale very soon and it is a good way to meet everyone . format is leave the Viaduct around 6 ish and a run to the bridge in Kinsale to the 'Catch of the day' for some of the best fish ever !! usually when the weather is good everyone chats about minis and stuff and some times a bit of a spin before heading home . any info you may need just ask .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Keithcollinscork » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:59 pm

That sounds like great craic, starts right near my place as well, happy days!!
Keithcollinscork
Just Joined!

Postby allenjoanne » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:21 am

Hello All,
Just Joined, New Member, An Old Classic Guy with old classic cars, British motor bikes & a Mini Cooper s JCW 2001 120K from New one owner with FSH blue with white roof & bonnet strips,these are different from the old mini's a lot to learn though you guys seem to know most of any issues I am sure I will be asking questions, if I can help with any of your questions on the older versions I have built them in my sleep LOL.
Take Care All & Thanks for allowing me to join and post
Regards
Allenjoanne
allenjoanne
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Welcome to the forum :)
Good to have you on board.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Hibernian95 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:48 pm

Hey
I'm on the way to pick up my first MINI, it's an R56 pepper white Cooper S. I have been a fan for a long time and finally getting in the drivers seat today.

I'm based in Cork and would love to help out on the Hospital run tomorrow (and I can pay the membership fee in person).

I have had a very colourful car history owning everything from a 65 Wizard roadster Beetle to an Evo IV with lots in between. I enjoy the enthusiast scene and look forward to getting to know you all.
Hibernian95
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Hi and welcome , PW and black is a good colour combo for the MINI , I really liked it when I had My R55 Clubman , anyway as regards the Hospital run to Fota we did 2 runs Today ,Tomorrow its From the Mercy hospital 8am ish I think . its just turn up and I am sure some of the members will show you how it works .Not sure yet if I can make it . no need to worry about membership you can sort that with Fergal (MiniMpi) later .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Rebel.Ranter » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:45 am

Hi,
Another Cork based member here. I learned to drive in my first car, a 1976 Mini 850 many moons ago which ended up with a 1,300cc Metro engine by the time I was finished with it. Now, years later I had the opportunity to get a 2004 Mini Cooper S as a [s]second[/s] third car, so delighted with it! Some of you might recognise my username from some of the BMW forums, my other cars are 2007 BMW M6 (507bhp) and a 1996 320i vert.

I've been tipping away at some cosmetic and service items and I've made great progress in the last 3 weeks of ownership. However I need someone to do my front control arm bushes as my removal tool is not the right size. I'm also interested in hearing about people's experience with the 15% reduced size super charger pulley. How much? Who fitted it? How does it impact the longevity of the car? Is the extra power noticeable?

Looking forward to getting involved!
Rebel.Ranter
Just Joined!

Postby chris139ryan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:58 pm

Hi new member from Dublin here.

My better half is looking at buying an R56 cooper s. I got recommended to join here for further info and knowledge.

I drive a Honda DC5 myself.

Looking forward to getting to know you lot better
chris139ryan
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm

Welcome to the forum ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Imany » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Hi, my name is Imany and I'm a newbie here.
I'm going to become an owner of MINI and the thing is to upgrade it a little bit to preserve the stylish look and good performance.
Nice to meet you all!
Imany
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Welcome to the forum ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby briancork » Wed May 31, 2017 2:52 pm

Hi all!

Signed up for this forum yonks ago and totally forgot it existed, never realised there was such a MINI following, especially here in Cork! Gonna start a thread over in the project section for my r56 fJCW!
Hopefully will get to some events with it too this year!

All the best,
Brian
briancork
Just Joined!

Postby FrankH » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:17 am

Hi all,

Frank here from Galway, new to Mini and having loads of fun doing my homework and getting to know more.
FrankH
Just Joined!

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion