Go to footer

Countryman speccing.

Rebuilding a Mini? Building a rally car? Making a Z Car from the Ground Up? Well, create a thread here, and keep us updated. It's a great way to track your own progress as you go along, and keep yourself sane! If you own a car, you can show it off here too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: Countryman speccing.

Postby Derfinn » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:11 pm

I am so glad to have gone to the event.

It was a pure marketing exercise, more launching the new MINI logo, with the preview of the F60. But, the F60 is much nicer looking in the metal. There were no reps from the Dealers represented at all, only staff from the marketing company. (One guy was telling me that the upcoming hybrid will be MINIs first electric power vehicle, I had to tell him about the R56 MINIe!)

Agreed Ger, after having the Xenons, it would be difficult to go back to halogens, especially when on back roads.

Anyway, I put my name down for a test drive, when the vehicles are distributed for that. I just loved the interior. More than I thought I would!

I did start playing with configurator, the F60 SD is only available with an automatic, so I think the return to petrol could be on the cards.

I will have to use that mantra.....it is so right!

Sorry, Ger, no email back yet. Problem must still be there.
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:21 pm

I drove the F60 yesterday in Morrison MINI Derek.
A Cooper D with a chilli pack and lots of toys.
Very very impressive.
Huge improvement over the R60.
Defo worth a test drive.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Derfinn » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:10 pm

MiniMpi wrote:I drove the F60 yesterday in Morrison MINI Derek.
A Cooper D with a chilli pack and lots of toys.
Very very impressive.
Huge improvement over the R60.
Defo worth a test drive.

Thanks for that Ferg. I had to give it a try.

I've also had a test drive in a CooperD F60. I liked it, but it didn't excite me. :1icon_cry: :1icon_eek:
While the CooperD has more bhp than my CooperSD, the extra size and weight made it feel a lot more barge like.

I did like the amount of standard equipment that comes with it now. Speccing up, I only would add metallic paint, chilli pack and anthracite roof lining, and this brought the price over €44,000. :1icon_eek:

I really hadn't even thought about changing the car. I've had Hank since I turned 40, and I did put a lot of thought into speccing him up. Apparently, he was the first R60 with spotlights in the country! :1icon_cool:
The salesman didn't think they'd suit the R60, so I got a great deal on them back in the day.

But, after my test drive, I started researching what else is out there. The SUV market (model of choice given the bad backs!) is huge now. Lots of different models. I was taken by the SEAT Ateca, Mazda CX-5, Renault Kadjar and the new Peugeot 3008. However, I thought that nothing would thrill me and I'd be keeping Hank for another 5 years.

I did get offered an amazing deal by the local Peugeot garage, they offered me €2,000 more than MINI did, so the cost to change is minimal. So, the order is in for a Peugeot 3008 GT Line. There is a 4 month waiting list, but the dealer managed to half that for me too. Looks like delivery towards the end of May.

I'm a little bit shocked, to be honest. Also, will have to try and get a North East run organised before then.
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Projects and Members Cars