Go to footer

If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Postby Geoff » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:01 pm

Hey everyone, just bought a 2008 Mini Cooper petrol, bought it off my friend with 125k kilometers on it. Very well looked after car and plan to keep it going that way myself. Nice to come across a forum like this. My main background would be in vw, hopefully don’t have too many questions for you all. Looking for a few small bits and pieces to make sure he car just a bit more me.

Cheers
Geoff
Geoff
Just Joined!

Postby lmbl » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Hi All,

Recently purchased my 2011 Mini Copper Countryman 1.6 petrol with 111000 kms on the clock. I joined to forum to learn more about Mini's and the TLC they need to keep them sweet and meet some other Mini lovers.

Regards,
Marc
lmbl
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:01 am

Hi Marc ,
Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase , any questions or info just ask as there are usually people here with the answers . G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Alan B. » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:58 am

While I'm here may as well say hello.
Alan here. Full time biker the last three years and decided I needed a runabout for winter lately and whatever it was had to be fun.
Wasn't going new so needed to be lower on the tax band if I decide to pay it and have enough grin factor that I would want to drive it as well as the bike.
So in steps the mini.
Picked up a 2004 R53 cooper s that ticked enough boxes to be the one and got it bought.

Few plans for it but it will have to make it through a suspected blown head gasket before I'll consider doing anything with it for fun. But all going well I'll fit a reduced pull and better intercooler. Blackingout all the chrome and a body shop friend wants to try his hand at wrapping so it may well get a color change. But, Head to sort first.
Alan B.
Just Joined!

Postby NateWM » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:50 am

MikeP wrote:Hi
I'm new member and a proud owner of R53 Cooper S,bought thanks to all the advice I got from members of this club.Special thanks go to Ger.

Hi All!

My names Nathan, and thought as would sign up after buying the very car pictures above.

Quite a tasty spec list on the car mainly consisting of:

Dave F induction kit
GP larger inter cooler
Jasma manifold and decat
Big Valve head
Upgraded Camshaft
17% reduced supercharger pulley
550cc injectors
Mishimoto Radiator
Remap
One Ball exhaust mod
M.S.D coil and lead kit
M.S.D earthing kit
Full L.E.D conversion inside and out

I’m unsure of the power, but it is seriously rapid! Comparing it to other R53’s, I would say it’s putting out around 230hp or so?

Since having the car, I’ve given it a full detail and ceramic coating, a full service and a couple of track rod ends. I’m planning to tackle the supercharger oil next and then get a set of sticky tyres in the spring. The clutch is a little heavy but still bites grand, but my Father owns Wexford Transmission Services here so I will definitely be getting him to fit an LSD when the box gets removed. I also have a carbon fiber bonnet vent and front grills on the way for it.

Hope you all like it :)
NateWM
Just Joined!

Postby bevohair » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:55 pm

Hello!
I am new to the club and can't wait to take part in club activities. My name is Béibhinn. I have a gold-coloured 2003 MINI Cooper D named HoneyB, as she resembles honey! I love my car to bits and I enjoy every journey!

Last edited by bevohair on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bevohair
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:19 am

bevohair wrote:Hello!
I am new to the club and can't wait to take part in club activities. My name is Béibhinn. I have a gold-coloured 2003 MINI Cooper D named HoneyB, as she resembles honey! I love my car to bits and I enjoy every journey!

Welcome to the club Béibhinn ;)
Your MINI sounds lovely.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniGab » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi I’m Gabriel, I’m an italian living in Ireland. My first car in Ireland was a 07 Mini Cooper. I am now the owner of a 04 Mini Cooper S and I’m in love with it!! I joined the forum to read all the information, advice and help.
Thank you and looking forward to talking with everyone
MiniGab
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:41 am

Hi Gabriel
Welcome to the site , please post some photos of the R53 , its amazing how R53's are really becoming popular and indeed increasing in value . keep an eye here for details of events etc and any tech or other questions please feel free to ask .btw what part of Italy are you from ? We have had many trips in our MINIs to Italy over the years and really enjoy the Country .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniGab » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Thank you for the great welcome in the forum!!
I'm from Turin, north-west of Italy. I am really happy that you enjoyed Italy in your trips. I'm leaving in Killarney, can i ask if anybody knows where i can go to fix and improve my Mini around Kerry or Munster? All palces i went around here looks scared to put hands on a Mini. Thank you all for your help. Here some pics of my Mini.

MiniGab
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm

Hi Gabriel , Turin is one of My favourite cities , I have been on the rooftop track at Lingotto and of course the Automobile museum,and many other sights including the new Lavazza coffee museum.R53 looks good and electric blue / white is a really good colour . any issues feel free to give me aa shout as MINI repair and modification etc are the 'day' job . We are in Ballincollig in Cork ( about 45 to 50 mins from Killarney .keep and eye out for some events in Kerry as well as we will have some MINI runs coming up in the next few months in that area .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniGab » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:08 pm

I’m glad to hear that from you!! I think I will give you a shout soon. Thank you so much
MiniGab
Just Joined!

Postby fmurray » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:20 pm

Hi my name is Frank, new member. New to the Mini scene. Hadn't driven one in 40 years. Bought one had problem. Ger and Aiden from O'Learys Cork fixed and serviced my car. They were very enthusiastic and they were a pleasure to deal with. The car is running very well and can't wait for the Virus to be gone so we can all enjoy our cars! Happy Motoring and thank you to Fergal for his help getting me online.
fmurray
Just Joined!

Postby Gapster » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:35 am

Hi all, just recently bought a 2008 Mini Cooper D and will be looking to get it back to tip-top form over the coming weeks. Let’s hope Covid doesn’t spoil a few outings as we have plenty to discover.
Gapster
Just Joined!

Postby Daftdave4 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:10 am

Hi just got my first mini it’s a 04 copper blue with white roof don’t know how to attach photo Mark
Daftdave4
Just Joined!

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion