Go to footer

Best Extras

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby Owen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:53 am

My first info on pricing will probably come about the end of October. Before that we're flying blind. I can't see it costing too much more. This new MINI, the R56, is about improving quality, and reducing manufacturing costs. I'll get to drive it first hand in September I think, so I'll come back with some photos then.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby irlmin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:11 pm

CooperSgirl wrote:Thanks Ger,

Yea, ive seen the pics of the test drives.... Now i know... R56....

Looking forward to seeing the new MCS- should be interesting.... and with the new colours out.

Whats your opinion on the new one? Turbo? And by Peugoet & Citroen? A bit iffy in my books... :roll:

The new engines are being built by BMW at Hams Hall near Birmingham , the design is a joint venture with PSA and BMW and features BMW 'valvtronic' technology as well as 'twin scroll' turbos on some engines , the engines will be really high tech featuring 'on demand' oil and water pumps and also some fuel saving technology .the engines to be used by PSA will be made in France and never see use in a MINI .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion