Go to footer

Best Extras

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Best Extras

Postby CooperSgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:43 pm

Hi guys!

What are the best extras to get ina MINI? Including Value for money?

Appreciate the comments... :D
CooperSgirl
Getting used to the place

Postby Owen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:57 pm

Chilli Pack, definitely on a Cooper S. It adds significant value, both residual, and ownership. Options I like that will help the car hold it's value? The Multifunction Steering Wheel (Radio and Cruise Control), the Panoramic Glass Roof, and of course Leather will help a car.

Other options? Bluetooth, Heated Seats (They're a must), Electrically Folding Mirrors, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Aerodynamic Body Kit, Spot Lamps, upgrades to the Sound System, Visibility Package (Heated Windscreen, Mirrors and Washerjets, Auto Headlamps and Wipers).

The list is endless 'Liv, you could theoretically end up with a Cooper S costing around 65 Grand if you wanted. Most expensive I've sold? € 53k, and that was a Convertible.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby CooperSgirl » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:21 pm

Next one (depending on look and motoring) was thinking .... same as my own but with these extras....

Multifuntion SW, Aero Kit, Xenon Headlights, New funky roof, Chrome interior, Visability Package, had a few more extras, cant think now! Small ones though. Would love the sunroof, but would like something mad on the roof as well and with the size of the sunroof it wouldnt be worth it. Was thinking the R90s as well, but mad money. Like my 17's S Spokes too.

Im all confused now! Looking forward to seeing the new one, have ye heard anything on it?

€53K - Would love to see that! Sweet Jayus!
CooperSgirl

Postby Owen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:29 pm

Not a whole lot yet, the car still doesn't officially exist. I'm off to the Motor Show in London next Wednesday with some of the lads from here. They're previewing another Estate Concept, which should give us a good idea as to how the new car will look.

You know you can put Graphics over the Panoramic Roofs too? Loads of people in the UK do that!

My ideal car would be Black, Black Roof, Glass Roof, Black Headliner, Black Aero Kit, Black Bonnet Stripes (With the white piping), Spot lamps, MFSW, Chilli Pack, Armrest, Upgrade to Beige Leather, Aircon, and 17" R99 Alloys in Anthracite. Of course, they're the main options, there's lots of other stuff I'd want too :-)
Owen

Postby madbrummie » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:13 pm

Multi function steering wheel is an absolue must. Recaro seats are well worth it.
madbrummie
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:52 pm

I am really looking forward to R56 , Owen has my order already , Waiting until August when embargo on info is lifted and then into speccing . I would think Chilli Red / Black again , Recaros , If a new 'aero kit ' is available for R56 I will think about that , perhaps Sat Nav if its priced a lot better than now , couldn't live without multifunction , or air con . I can feel a lot of 'speccing' threads on here come August .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:04 pm

madbrummie wrote:Multi function steering wheel is an absolue must. Recaro seats are well worth it.

For what is worth, I have to agree with Chris on this one(and that doesent happen offten) but the multifunction is the best thing I put in mine.............. anyway the more buttons the better, right!!!
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Are You going to the London Motor show Aiden ?
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby AidenL » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:09 pm

Nah Gerard, can't make it :(
AidenL
Site Admin

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:51 pm

when we got the '05 MINI ONE, we were on a tight budget so defo would have got ALOT more extras if funds were better at the time.
Got Pepper Pack,must have!,silver trim interior,sports seats-The Job!,manual air-con,and auto headlamps and wipers.

If I could have another go at it, I would have all above AND:
Xenons,MFSW,heated mirrors and washers,factory alarm.
Probably more but dependent on money of course!!!! Recaro's 8) etc. etc. :lol:
Fergal.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby CooperSgirl » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:20 am

Thanks guys for the tips.... Have an idea whats best now! :D

Call me stupid but R56? Can you load pics? Would like to see that model?

Never heard it before... :oops:

Liv.
CooperSgirl

Postby irlmin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:40 am

R56 is the 'New' MINI due out November , several pics of it caught testing but disguised are circulating the press , Owen might be able to post a link to some , there is also a video of the new Cooper S testing at the Nurburgring out there . the car is due to be launched at the Paris Motor show in October .
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby CooperSgirl » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:44 am

Thanks Ger,

Yea, ive seen the pics of the test drives.... Now i know... R56....

Looking forward to seeing the new MCS- should be interesting.... and with the new colours out.

Whats your opinion on the new one? Turbo? And by Peugoet & Citroen? A bit iffy in my books... :roll:
CooperSgirl

Postby Owen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:55 am

The engine is actually being made by both MINI and Peugeot, in the new Prince engine factory built specifically for this. I wouldn't worry 'Liv, MINI are hardly going to put an unreliable engine in after having so much sucess with reliability in the last car.
Owen

Postby CooperSgirl » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:02 am

Thanks Owen,

Cannot fault my Cooper at all - just heard a few things.... more then likely teething probs at the start...

Is there going to be much in the price difference? Dont scare us too much now...

All going well il be ordering towards end of the year.
CooperSgirl

Next

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion