Go to footer

Standard CD Player (WANTED)

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Standard CD Player (WANTED)

Postby MickCooperS » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:50 pm

Has anybody got a standard mini cd player headunit they want to get rid of??? I have the Disc Changer/ tape option but can't stand the sight of a tape deck headunit anymore!! Cheers....(PS Send me a PM with what your looking for if ya have one to shift!)
MickCooperS
Getting used to the place

Postby Owen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:56 pm

Any CD Player will fit a MINI Mick, you just need the fascia adaptor, antennae adaptor, and wiring adaptor. About 50 quid for these!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby MickCooperS » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:57 pm

Hey Owen, Cheers for the reply- i know that- I was just looking for a stock one to save on cash for the moment. Figured theres more than likely someone out there with a stock one sitting in their wardrobe! I'm limited to stock and Sony anyway as i want to keep the disc changer!
MickCooperS

Postby Owen » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:03 pm

You'll find stock will be much more expensive. Stock was € 420 first day, people are either going to keep it, or want the lion's share of that back. You can get a Sony Headunit from Argos, with an iPod Aux-in on the front for € 149 now!
Owen

Postby 1lightningd » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:12 pm

Owen wrote:You'll find stock will be much more expensive. Stock was € 420 first day, people are either going to keep it, or want the lion's share of that back. You can get a Sony Headunit from Argos, with an iPod Aux-in on the front for € 149 now!

Well done Ned, if they did'ent want 420 euro before, they will now....
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby MickCooperS » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:53 am

....you might be right! Can anyone recommend a Dublin ICE place to get headunit fitted??????
MickCooperS

Postby Lesley » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:59 am

i only sold my pioneer unit last week and refitted the standard one..... so if needs be i have all the adaptors sitting here!
Lesley
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby ONED » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:42 pm

ONED
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MickCooperS » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:30 pm

Cheers for all the help!!!! I'm torn between stock and aftermarket now!!!!
MickCooperS

Postby irlmin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:59 pm

When I bought my MC in 04 I replaced the standard unit with a Blaupunkt Seattle headunit what an improvement Mikeythemini supplied the harness to integrate the unit to the MFSW , 2 years later I am still happy . performance is excellent and unit looks as if it was made for the MINI , not 'rice boy ' like some of the other aftermarket units .
gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MickCooperS » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:14 pm

Cheers Ger- i think you know what i'm after- i want a headunit that blends in with the dash and looks right.... i have to stay Sony though in order to keep the sony disc changer in the boot (correct me if i'm wrong!)....i think i'll see what i can get on www.icebuyer.ie !! cheers
MickCooperS

Postby irlmin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:39 pm

MickCooperS wrote:Cheers Ger- i think you know what i'm after- i want a headunit that blends in with the dash and looks right.... i have to stay Sony though in order to keep the sony disc changer in the boot (correct me if i'm wrong!)....i think i'll see what i can get on www.icebuyer.ie !! cheers

Mick I can't answer the question about the changer but perhaps Owen can . I got My Blaupunkt Seattle in UK from www.bluespot.co.uk they ahve all the current Blaupunkt units at pretty good prices inc DAB radio , if We ever get it here in Ireland :x :x :x :x I also looked at Becker units like Blaupunkt no mad styling just retro looking and quality product .also have a look at www.caraudiodirect.co.uk
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:50 pm

The CD Changer in the boot is a rebadged Blaupunkt unit. But it doesn't matter a damn what head unit you get, as long as the head unit you buy is CD Changer compatible, and you get the correct wiring adaptor.
Owen

Postby irlmin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:07 pm

Owen wrote:The CD Changer in the boot is a rebadged Blaupunkt unit. But it doesn't matter a damn what head unit you get, as long as the head unit you buy is CD Changer compatible, and you get the correct wiring adaptor.

So Owen , after all those years (Well ok 2 ) I could have connected My Blaupunkt to a std MINI changer , Thanks for telling Me ! OK I should have asked I suppose .
G :lol: :lol:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MickCooperS » Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:19 am

My Disc Changer is a 6Disc Sony Unit- maybe it was post fitted by previous owner or something? but its a 6CD sony changer like you would buy in the shops although its in a nice stock looking holder with a hinge and protective metal plating!!!!
MickCooperS

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion