Go to footer

Car insurance in Ireland, what are you paying?

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:06 pm

MiniMpi wrote:My S is up for renewal shortly and got it in the post today from FBD who I'm with........OMG!!! They want 835 euro off me!!!!! Not a hope I'm entertaining that so went and checked who I got an excellent deal for my classic with last year, chill.ie
I can get my S insured for 450 euro with them!!!! It's with Zurich :1icon_cool:

I also had my Classic Mini's renewal waiting for me at home when i arrived back from holidays!!! :1icon_cry:
I paid €280 for it comprehensive last year........same company wanted €717 off me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :1icon_eek:
So i shopped around and i tried a local broker Swampette uses in Cork City.
My Classic for €312 comprehensive and also going to them for my Cooper S and getting that for €449 comprehensive!
So well happy now :)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Oh by the way, Chill.ie were brutal this time around and that was where the brutal €717 quote for the classic came from!
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: I love being Female!

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:10 pm

Bawnee wrote:Just insured my new MINI.. and PAID nothing extra!! That's 350 Euro! :king: and only 156 for Road Tax.. Win win!!

That is brilliant news Siobhan!!!!!!!!!!!! :king:
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby inny1300 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:51 pm

that is nice to here the deal's that are going around well done to the both of you regard's jon :)
inny1300
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Derfinn » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:54 pm

That's great news Siobhan!

And Ferg, I've had the same problem with Chill this year.
Last year, on the Cooper it was somewhere around €280. This year they were looking for €718!!!!
I rang them, not very pleased! They lady on the phone said that everyone's premium is increasing this year, by an average of 37% I explained my increase was over 150%
She said to check other places!!! My best quote so far is with a broker that does a work group scheme €545. I was expecting an increase with the S, but not THAT much!!!!

I rang Chill back, they said they will most likely match that. But the premium is up in 2 weeks, and they haven't sent the notification out yet......!

Not very impressed this year at all......
Derfinn

Postby niallo28 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:11 pm

just got my renewal today from Allianz. its gone from 470 to 755!!! they have brought it down to 595 over the phone and hibernian will do it for 533. anyone know can this be bettered????
<div>[IMG:766:1020]http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq172/ngeaney/Niallspics20092015-1.jpg[/img]</div><br>
niallo28
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:19 pm

niallo28 wrote:just got my renewal today from Allianz. its gone from 470 to 755!!! they have brought it down to 595 over the phone and hibernian will do it for 533. anyone know can this be bettered????

Try O'Mahony Boylan Golden brokers in Cork Niall, i got my S for €449
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby oliver » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:08 pm

Do car insurance companies offer a discount for a second car that does low mileage? And if they do does it have to be documented?
oliver

Postby inny1300 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:56 am

Hello everyone on the forum,just had my renewel in for the Inny from Carole Nash,the usual full comp,garaged,agreed value,and it came back at 209 in euro's with a discount it should have been 246 this year so i was happy with that,and i am over 21 just ok bye for now and regards jon :1icon_cool:
inny1300

Postby sidsideboard » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:49 pm

im 17 tried to quoted on my modified classic mini 998 noo engine mods. turbo brakes 'cage, alloys only place to quote was hibernian €6000 mark
so i now have a polo insured with quinn for €1800

where is the best place for mini insurance for an every day driver?
the min is garaged til i get a resonable quote
sidsideboard
Just Joined!

Postby DozyHound » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:44 am

irlmin wrote:FBD are excellent , very 'flexible' as well with 2nd car etc , they are the subject of possible takeover by a major insurance group so I hope this won't affect their flexibility
G

<Cough - splutter> :1icon_eek:

I know its my first post, I just had to question... FBD "very 'flexible' as well with 2nd car"?

Landed into them a couple of months ago to get a quote. They could do nothing... zero, zip, nadda for me on the 2nd car front. I've been with them for years and thought they might be able to help me out, but no. My main car is still insured with them though... best I could do.

A4 TDi Quattro - €560 fully comp (FBD)
99 Mini Cooper - €542 TPFT (Quinn Direct)... problem is, its a new policy and I could only get acknowledged for being a named driver on another policy to avail of some discount... every other quote was in the clouds...
DozyHound
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:15 pm

DozyHound wrote:
irlmin wrote:FBD are excellent , very 'flexible' as well with 2nd car etc , they are the subject of possible takeover by a major insurance group so I hope this won't affect their flexibility
G

<Cough - splutter> :1icon_eek:

I know its my first post, I just had to question... FBD "very 'flexible' as well with 2nd car"?

Landed into them a couple of months ago to get a quote. They could do nothing... zero, zip, nadda for me on the 2nd car front. I've been with them for years and thought they might be able to help me out, but no. My main car is still insured with them though... best I could do.

A4 TDi Quattro - €560 fully comp (FBD)
99 Mini Cooper - €542 TPFT (Quinn Direct)... problem is, its a new policy and I could only get acknowledged for being a named driver on another policy to avail of some discount... every other quote was in the clouds...

Hey and Welcome to the site ;)
Most insurance companies are now 'mirroring' your no claims bonus from your main car ie your Audi TDi.
I got my insurance broker to do that for me when my two car's came up for renewal recently so got my classic '98 Mini for around €312 fully comp then ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby DozyHound » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:34 am

MM,

Quinn would've mirrored my no claims had I been with them... but insuring the A4 with them was more expensive and cancelled out any saving swapping to them.

Quinn acknowledged me being named on another policy and even though it was only for 1 year it made quite a difference...
DozyHound
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Ah good stuff ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: Car insurance in Ireland, what are you paying?

Postby Bawnee » Tue May 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Ok its my renewal time and i'm glad i was sitting down when i got the policy renewal.. Its gone up by 140 Euro.. They said because of all the claims due to adverse weather that car insurance had gone up 15-20%.. Last year i paid 360 and this year they're looking for 500?!! Bloody hell.. I thought it got cheaper the older you got, and statistically women are the safer drivers! So got on the phone today & tried Nononsense.ie 417,Tesco 717 (was told they are very specific on the cars they insure & dont' like insuring MINI's), Chill was 751, 123.ie was 717.. The best i could get was 450 and that was locally. I am not happy, but what can i do eh? I insist on Bonus protection but that only adds about 80.. HELP!! Is this the norm? Oh i've no penalty points, etc.. So anyone got any other suggestions on who to try? I tried FBD, they refused new business.. Their loss! Thanks
Bawnee

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion