Go to footer

New Cooper 35 Classic Mini

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby ID » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:19 pm

Step_7 wrote:Well, 3 for now, the Mayfair is going soon as I don't have the space any more. :cry:

My PS wheels have some light kerbing, scrapes really, around the outer edge. I'm being fussy more than anything. I might get them done this winter depending on the funds situation after a gearbox refurb, a new driver's A-panel and a bonnet respray. :?

selling the mayfair :o ...it looks like a lovely little car too :(

Have you looked into getting replacement wheels rather than refurbing them??... it could work out just as expensive tbh
ID
Getting used to the place

Postby Step_7 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:35 pm

ID wrote:selling the mayfair :o ...it looks like a lovely little car too :(

Have you looked into getting replacement wheels rather than refurbing them??... it could work out just as expensive tbh

He looks good from a distance in pictures.... :lol: Nah, he needs a proper respray as the one he had from the guy I bought it off isn't really the best and I don't have the space or time (or patience) to do the prep work needed.

I would buy new wheels if i could get genuine Rover ones not reproductions - trying to keep it as original as possible. He's been kept standard for so long it seems a shame to ruin things now! I've seen a couple of them get the Sportspack treatment and they just aren't the same.
Step_7
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby ID » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:55 pm

Step_7 wrote:
ID wrote:selling the mayfair :o ...it looks like a lovely little car too :(

He looks good from a distance in pictures.... :lol: Nah, he needs a proper respray as the one he had from the guy I bought it off isn't really the best and I don't have the space or time (or patience) to do the prep work needed.

I would buy new wheels if i could get genuine Rover ones not reproductions - trying to keep it as original as possible. He's been kept standard for so long it seems a shame to ruin things now! I've seen a couple of them get the Sportspack treatment and they just aren't the same.

I'm not keen on the Paul Smith in sportspack guise tbh... it really needs the original wheel to set it off... bit like the 35 imo ;)

I heard of a Paul Smith getting a lime green union jack roof graphic with matching mirrors and stripes... not exactly the subtle design PS had in mind :lol:
ID

Postby Step_7 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:19 pm

Yeah,

Here's one I see a lot round here:

Sportspack, Bonnet stripes, chromed door fittings and pin stripes - I'll not deny that it is very well done and finished superbly but they are somewhat missing the point that Paul Smith was trying to make when he told Rover what he wanted to do.

I'll get down off me soapbox now shall I..... :lol:
Step_7
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby ID » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:37 pm

LOL... that is actually a really clean car... but just not my taste tbh... I quite liked the stripe on the side with the paul smith logo at the rear.

for me it's mainly the fact it's got all silver wheels... the original look sooo much better imo :)
ID

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion