Go to footer

Need to sell my Mini, know nothing about cars.

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Need to sell my Mini, know nothing about cars.

Postby rose » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi all,
My Dad left me his Mini and I'd love to keep it but I haven't the time/money to give it the love and attention it needs. Also I am going away for a year and I want to find a new home for it before I leave so it is not left to rust. I really don't know anything about cars, least of all Minis so I was wondering if someone could help me decide what information I need to give when I go to sell it.
Heres what I know about it already:
Its a green saloon 1993 Austin Mini made in Japan .
It's engine capacity is 1275.
It's a petrol car.
It has a double exhaust and a fuel injection system and extra lights at the front.
It is in very good condition and has a nice red/black interior.
However it's NCT ran out in 2011 and it is not taxed or insured.
Please do not laugh at my extreme ignorance of cars!
Can anybody give me any idea of a rough price I could ask for this car and any other information I should give when I try to sell it? I would be really grateful for any help.
rose
Just Joined!

Re: Need to sell my Mini, know nothing about cars.

Postby AdyP » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:49 am

Hi Rose

Sorry to hear you are not in a position to keep the car.

Selling price is a difficult thing to gauge I think, as Minis are very much about condition due to maintenance and a tendency to turn brown in the rain. If you have any pictures of the car this always helps, along with having a good look around the body and underneath for corrosion. Ideally you need someone locally to take a look at it and give you an idea. Where are you based right now?

Adrian
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion