Go to footer

Black Leather Cooper seats

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Black Leather Cooper seats

Postby THEBOOKKEEPER » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi

I am not sure if anyone can help or not...but I am going to try anyway.

Ok...I have been restoring my 1998 Rover Mini Cooper for the last 8 months. It is almost ready, but I am looking for a few small things...well...smallish :P
I have put in a new black carpet, black headlining and black seat belts. I have replaced the whole dash facia and upper padding. Kinda thinking about taking out the new faux wooden dash now....I dunno! Anyway, I have these seats in the car:

I have seen a specific set of seats in some Coopers. They are black leather with white/cream piping. They also have the cooper decal logo embossed on the leather seat-back. I am not sure what run of minis these seats came in....but I want them for mine. here is a pic:

or these are similar:

I have looked around, but I am having no luck. i even contacted some people who said they could recover my seats in a similar style, but they are CRAZY expensive.

If anyone knows anywhere where I could look for these seats or anyone who might be selling some, I would appreciate your help.

Any tips welcome.

Thanks
Conor
THEBOOKKEEPER
Getting used to the place

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion