Go to footer

Insurance for convertible Cooper S?

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Insurance for convertible Cooper S?

Postby yiska » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:29 am

Hi guys,

Having some trouble getting insurance it seems, I've been insured on this car for 2 years and the premium keeps going up. I was with xsdirect.com, then with Liberty. Now Liberty want to increase my premium of around €900. Can anyone recommend an insurance company who might insure me on my 2006 convertible mini cooper s (I'm 28 with 2 years no claims, no penalties etc ).

I've already tried nononsense.ie, Aviva, 25plus.ie, tesco, FBD and all say "no" :1icon_cry:

Thanks.

Edit: the reason I'm not going back to xsdirect is their excess is €3k now :P
Mini Cooper S R52 - 06
yiska
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:48 pm

AXA are very good and a member has her MINI cabrio with them quite cheap I think
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Bawnee » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:11 pm

I'm with. AON, also think Chill are worth a look. Unfortunately insurance goes up most years due to many factors. Just compare like with like. Good luck with it!
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Insurance for convertible Cooper S?

Postby irlmin » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 pm

AXA seem to have decent prices at present , don't be afraid to haggle and always phone the local office for a quote , they offer discounts for stuff like credit union membership etc etc , also check on the difference if you accept a larger excess and this will lead usually to a better premium .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Derfinn » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:28 am

Did you try all the usuals?
There's aoninsure.ie, 123.ie, chill.ie (they are very good in fairness).

But if there is an Axa office in your town, try them. The EU decision that rewarded women drivers in the past is now out, and the premia on offer to some people reflect this.

Don't be afraid to ask 'is this your best price?'

Good luck. :tl:
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby yiska » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:41 am

Thanks for the advice guys.

I tried 123 and Axa online - both said they can't insure me. I also tried Chill but they wanted 1k, so more than Liberty. I managed to negotiate Liberty down to €826 (which comes with breakdown cover so saving around €200 on that as the AA doubled my price for breakdown cover this year ^^) but will give Axa a call :)
Mini Cooper S R52 - 06
yiska
Just Joined!

Postby Sarysia » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:58 pm

I have a Mini Cooper Convertible. I am with Liberty insurance and i pay about 600 euro for this year. Allianz might be good aswell, they would put a multicar insurance on me and Michael, he has a Mini Cooper S.

I have fully comprehensive and 2 years no claims. ( got provisional in 2010 and passed test in September 2012)
Sarysia
Getting used to the place

Postby cod7 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:18 pm

I've been insured with a company called bestquote for two years now, this years price was 640 fully comp in a cooper S and I'm 25. My quote went down when I added my girlfriend to the policy, she has a full licence and 5 years no claims and her own policy. So if you've a partner, find out about them being added to reduce the premium. Bestquote are underwritten by Allianz I think.
cod7
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion