Go to footer

F56 MINi Update

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

F56 MINi Update

Postby AdyP » Wed May 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Howdy guys

I was reading an article in Car this month that points to the new three cylinder engine in the 2014 also slotting snugly into the next Cooper S as well as the Cooper. Thanks to direct injection, variable timing and a variable geometry turbo we are looking at a potential 220bhp for the S. I did wonder about that, as they are using that engine and output in the new BMW i8 hybrid as well.

Next year could be an interesting one...

A
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: F56 MINi Update

Postby irlmin » Wed May 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Spy pics are starting to appear now as well with most of the camouflage off , dash looks very 'grown-up' not sure if thats MINI but lets wait and see . 3 cyls is the way things are going , BMW 'M' dept say 300+ is easily possible from the 1.5 version of this engine . indeed 2014 will be interesting . new Clubman out in late 2014 as well , do I wait or buy the Paceman now :rolleyes:
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: F56 MINi Update

Postby AdyP » Wed May 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, shall we see what our over-excited contestant 'could' have won? Awwwwwww, what a shame...never mind, you have your bunny rabbit key-ring and a complimentary t-shirt!

Difficult to know Ger...would you kick yourself in 12 months when you see the first Clubby v2 pics?

A
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion