Go to footer

MINI Cooper S R56 Clutch Upgrade

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

MINI Cooper S R56 Clutch Upgrade

Postby THEBOOKKEEPER » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:20 pm

Hey lads

My 2007 R56 Cooper S has been having clutch problems over the past few months. I have not been driving it very often and using a different car over the last few months as I am preparing for the expense of replacing the clutch. I noticed it was slipping and I am sure it needs to be replaced...its done good milage in comparison to others who have had to replace clutches on the same model!

My question is...if anyone can give me advice.

Can anyone recommend a clutch kit to buy?

Am I better getting a genuine MINI clutch ( http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/mini- ... 2_843.html )

or

Are there any other upgraded or performance clutch kits that I could get for my car without breaking the bank altogether?

My car is standard at the moment but I want to do the remap also to boost the power a little...and therefore am wondering about the quality of a clutch when considering the work/expense/power upgrade.

Any advice or tips from people who have had similar problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Conor
THEBOOKKEEPER
Getting used to the place

Re: MINI Cooper S R56 Clutch Upgrade

Postby TBi » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:16 pm

How many km's on yours? Mine is hitting 140k km's on original clutch. Hopefully it won't be failing soon...

Are you going to get the DMF replaced too?
TBi
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Masterbiker » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

If you are only going to have a remap there isn't any reason to get a performance clutch. Mine has the Sedox remap, so should have about 210bhp and the clutch feels fine. So I don't think you need to worry about the clutch until you are doing things like replacing the turbo +
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:08 am

The standard clutch is fine for road use even with well in excess of 230 hp , we use OE spec clutch kits and never have a problem , also remember if you use a competition / performance clutch these usually tend to have a very 'heavy' pedal which is not suitable for everyday use , so stick to the standard spec item .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby THEBOOKKEEPER » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks Ger

Must call to you soon :)
THEBOOKKEEPER
Getting used to the place

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion