Go to footer

Buying a classic..

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Buying a classic..

Postby JP » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I hoping someone may be able to offer some help and guidance, I am looking to purchase a classic mini, ideally a sportspack model in BRG..

Nothing has grabbed my attention locally however the one linked below has come up for sale - John Cooper LE40:

http://cars.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sal ... 00/6851551

Alan, the current owner has kindly sent me pictures of all the key areas, headlights, sills, scuttles etc all of which seem in good condition. Unfortunately I'm in Derry, the car is in Cork and its just too far to travel on a whim....

On the off chance is anyone familiar with the car or can offer something as unique :1icon_cool:
JP
Just Joined!

Re: Buying a classic..

Postby Masterbiker » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:12 pm

It does look like a nice car, but I've no experience with classics let alone that particular one. Hopefully someone else here might be able to help :)
Masterbiker
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Buying a classic..

Postby irlmin » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:11 am

Hi ,
If it looks like something you might be serious about We can have a decent look at it for you , just ask the Owner to drop it to Ballincollig and we will be happy to check it over , btw the MINI 40 was only made in Old English White (50 made) , Mulberry Red (150 made), and Island Blue ( 50 made)making a total production of 250 cars , the 'John Cooper' bit I don't understand on this particular car as mini 40s were strictly speaking NOT Coopers and never badged as such ( but the same mechanically ) there were also some export models in silver , black and green , most to Germany (lhd) and Japan rhd BUT with side radiators to accommodate air con and these usually had spi engines . It is not a Japanese import as the speedo is in Miles not Kms . doen not look like it has air con either . badges on the door are in the incorrect position as well , incorrect bonnet badge for a 40 as well , from a distance it is difficult to be more specific . hope this helps .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion