Go to footer

Slick 50

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Slick 50

Postby GHOST » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:00 pm

..so my 02 cooper is running fine,,,
bought from a dealer in Killarney, Dec 30 2014,,,,so i guess it's got new oil, filter etc....
and after 2 weeks of using Dipthane in th petrol,,,(some black dust on th end of exhaust but clean now),,
AND... im about to trow half a bottle of Slick 50 in her.
anybody hav any thoughts..........
GHOST
Getting used to the place

Re: Slick 50

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:43 pm

You shouldn't need any additives if you are using the correct engine oil , it won't do any great harm but it won't do any great good as well , regular oil changes using a very good 05/30 fully synthetic 'low sapps' oil and an OE spec filter will keep the engine in decent condition , ( we have a few coming into the workshop with over 250000 miles on them on the original engine ) also very important is changing the transmission oil , MINI say its sealed for life and doesn't need changing BUT take it from Me it does !! . brake fluid also needs changing every 40 thousand or so , again something owners neglect .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby GHOST » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:10 am

...really,,, on th slick 50,,, cause i was thinking as a kinda preventative measure.
also,,, i wanna do a time trial on th road up to barley lake,,,and i'm thinking,,,, everything nice and slippy and free!!!
i will b calling into u guys soon 4 a chat,,, introduction u to my car,, maybe i can fill out my membership form 4 this place and pay fee while i'm there.
GHOST

Postby GHOST » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:54 am

...so,,, i put about 200mls of Slick50 in her last night,,, lol ,
and i'm sure there was a little vibration in th engine thats not there anymore.
of course i changed th oil and th oil filter last week,,,Castrol magnatec 5/30,, and Mann filter.
No question th oil and filter needed changing!!!!
She's runnin pretty nice!!!! :1icon_blackeye:
:evil7:
GHOST

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion