Go to footer

My Mini

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

My Mini

Postby Mini mouse » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:02 am

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone would be of any help to my current mini problem, at the moment I have a 07 mini one and on Sunday night a red battery light popped up which when I looked in the manual said I should bring it to have the battery looked at. So after work on Monday I was on route to bringing my car to have my battery looked at when a lot of warning lights were popping up, the internal radio lights started to flicker and then to top it off the power steering started to go before I had to just stop the car completely. I got motor rescue out who were about to start the car again with a booster, but with fear it would go again I just got it towed home. Would anyone have any idea what the problem could, I was told my uncle who would know a lot about minis and cars in general that it could be the battery or alternator. Has this happened anyone before? Also if anyone knows of a reasonably priced well reputable mechanic in the Dublin area that they could recommend that would be great. Thanks a million
Mini mouse
Just Joined!

Re: My Mini

Postby MiniMpi » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:10 pm

Sounds like either the battery or the alternator like your Uncle has said.
I don't know of any Dublin mechanics but I can highly recommend O'Leary's Garage in Ballincollig in Cork. They have full dealer computer diagnostics and know more than the dealers do about MINIs. Call Ger on 0868663828
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion