Go to footer

Tires for MINI

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Tires for MINI

Postby Imany » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi all!
I'm going to have my own MINi soon! My sister has bought a new car and presented her previous one to me! :blob3:
It's in good condition but needs a bit of upgrade. I guess that I'll change its comfort system, upholstery, engine oil and buy a new set of tires. I'll need 205/55R17 but dunno what to choose. These worn out ones are Bridgestone, I'm thinking about changing them for Conti ProContact, Goodyear Run-flat etc. I've found Conti here https://www.tyre-guru.ie/ for 150 euro but there also cheaper models, so it's difficult to choose without saving on its performance and my own safety.
If anyone can suggest good option I'll be very grateful, cause I'd like my car to be the best for me and to perform well.
Thanks in advance.
Imany
Just Joined!

Re: Tires for MINI

Postby irlmin » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi and welcome to the site .
Congrats on getting your MINI . The size should be 205x45x17 for a MINI with 17" wheels . I would use a premium tyre ONLY . I personally use Michelin on my F56 MINI but many of our customers are using Hankook Ventus evo2 tyres and they are excellent in both wet and dry and last as well , give Me a shout if you need a decent price on any tyre and we can sort a contact for you . again welcome to the site .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: Tires for MINI

Postby Foli » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:08 pm

Ya with tires i wouldnt go for the cheaper ones, safety comes first
Foli
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion