Go to footer

Something just happended.....much quicker than I thought.

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Something just happended.....much quicker than I thought.

Postby Derfinn » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 pm

Hello all,

As some of you may have worked out, I am currently in the process of changing my car. I've had Hank the Countryman for over 5 years now, and with the slight exception of running on diesel, he has been my favourite MINI so far.

I had hoped to have planned a 2nd run around the North East region, can you believe it is almost 5 years since the Boyne Valley Run? But, a combination of events (work and family) meant that I didn't get out to drive the route that I had plotted into Google.

I have just learned that the new car has arrived today into the dealership, and will be ready for collection on Thursday. So Thursday will mark the (current) end on my MINI adventure. It has been an absolute blast. The past 13 years of MINI ownership have been eventful and fun filled. That increased exponentially when I stumbled across this site 10 years ago, when I bought my R56 Cooper.

I do have a plan, however. I am working out if it will be at all possible to run a second car, and if (when) I can, I think that it would be rude not to go looking for a R53. If (When) that happens I will let you all know.

Anyways, thanks to you all for some wonderful memories.

For those that don't know, I've gone for the new Peugeot 3008.....(what have I done!)
Last edited by Derfinn on Wed May 17, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Something just happended.....much quicker than I thought.

Postby irlmin » Tue May 16, 2017 9:10 pm

Best of luck with the 3008 Derek , please don't feel you have to fade away from the MINI scene until you find an R53 , as you know We always said that its not the cars but the people that make a club . you are of course welcome to pop along to any club event with the Peugeot and in fact feel free to organise the NE run as I said its about the people not the cars .talk soon G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby leyland » Wed May 17, 2017 12:08 am

Derek,
All the best with the 3008 and keep in touch. You have been great support to the club and hopefully will stay involved. Where are you trading the mini into in case I know of a potential buyer.
Cheers R
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Derfinn » Fri May 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks Ger and Richard.

That sounds like a plan, hopefully work will calm down a little in a month or two and I will try for August/September for an outing!

An this is true, most of the wonderful memories that I have from the Club don't involve driving at all!!!

The deal took place in Holcroft's of Drogheda. They were an absolute pleasure to deal with too.
Derfinn

Postby leyland » Sun May 21, 2017 11:25 am

Derek,
Good chance to try out the new wheels next weekend with a trip over to the IMM in Westport to meet up with the club members. Admission on Sunday is 10 euros and it would be great to see you again. Keep in touch.
Yes we can.
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Derfinn » Wed May 24, 2017 12:48 pm

That would be a lovely trip, Richard, but way too much happening this weekend!

In other news, Hank is now up for sale in Holcrofts:
http://peugeot.ie.motormarket.ie/detail ... W/23855460

What is odd, is that he is on for less than I got as trade-in value, but then on checking, there was a fair chunk of discount allowed of the list price of the 3008. Never saw that happen before.
Derfinn

Postby Foli » Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:05 pm

What stops you from running a second car?
Foli
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion