Go to footer

Worst Mini Trip Ever....Smallie in Jail!!!!

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Worst Mini Trip Ever....Smallie in Jail!!!!

Postby Smallie » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:30 pm

The following events are factual and did occur on the maddest mini trip ever :!:
FRIDAY
Since the smallie was going so well I decided to bring her to Limerick and after to Galway as I have a few times with no issues.
The smallie was very excited with her new panel and no sooner had we hit mallow did we got torrential rain.
We had a pitstop, checked for wet plugs and drove on. At a roundabout after Lim we had very low revs and she was back firing a bit so I pulled over, sought advice and we were on our way again.
I could not see thru the window due to B****** trucks destroying my poor smallie. The rain eased off and the smallie was behaving. i stopped in a garage in Lebane and the guy behind the desk must of jinxed me.........he said....lovley cars....do you have much bother??? I replied...she has been very good but a bit moody today, pay for the petrol and leave.
At the pumps and the smallie does not start. Knowing her quirks I decide to give her a moment and she will start BUT a pyscho appears shouting I'm a 'mechanic', takes over, and tells me the smallie aint going any where. He would tow me but the towtruck he had was also towing two other cars!! I explained I had breakdown cover but this guy was not listening. Soooo, I get into a towtruck with two random strangers, abandon the smallie and head for Galway wondering would I make it there alive??
On the way I discover the guys wheel and deal in cars...I become suspicious and imagine they have mentally sold my car. Paranoia takes over and I am writing their reg in my phone!
Get to Galway....Approx 3 hrs late for work (Told them the meeting in Lim ran very late) Hope my boss doesnt use this site! Hand my keys to the pyscho stranger who assures me the smallie will be fixed in no time and that he will drop her in. Thanking him for his assistance(scared to be rude due to his erractic reference to the word ****) I hand him the keys hoping the smallie will not end up in salthill or on fire. :twisted:
Go to work very stressed, couldnt eat and I had to wear electric blu shoes for the whole day (Not appreciated by boss!) since the smallie had my work boots.
The pyscho rang at 630 to collect me to bring me to my car. It was very dark, I had no idea where I was going, I had no witnesses so I text his reg to a few people in case I was on Crimeline next month!
Get to the car but he wants coffee...I want to get my smallie and get to my hotel :roll: Thank the random stranger and flee but he insists on leading in case the small has any probs.
Got to my hotel....got rid of pyscho on promise of meeting up at rally....NEVER :wink: Drank 2 bottles and shed a few smallie tears.
SATURDAY
Decide to leave work at lunch only to find the stranger cleaning my car by my hotel shouting f*** austin, f**** rover! Really scared, convinced him that I was cabable of driving home, thanked him (just in case he was a genuine helper or was going to butcher both me and the smallie)
The smallie was in great form (must of been REM album) and there was no traffic due to rugby. Made it to Lim in an hour and the at the first r/about she lost revs again so I was wishing for 3 feet but had to resort to using my left on the break (very amusing trying not to stop at a r/about)
We made it thru all the lights without stopping (St Anthony really helped here!) and headed for home.
In the right lane after blackpool s/c and the bitch died on the hill, first in the queue and made her mind up she was not going anywhere. Only 5 mins from home but the smallie had enough. Realised that other drivers are unaware what hazard lights mean. Rang Alvie who gave great advice...Open the window and stick ur fingers up at em all! Rang another friend who suggested I purchase a fiesta as they can take bullets. A bloke in a suit offered to charge my battery? I explained that my battery was fully charged but he insisted that he try and start the car assuming my blondeness must be the issue.
He sat in, turned the key while pulling the heater handle in and out!!! I could no longer control myself....laughed and explained to him that the heater would not start a mini!!!(Also hope that he does not use this site!)
Thought about doing the John Cleese scene but could not find a branch.
I gave up waiting and called the breakdown....praying it was not my usual friend. Alas it was himself....He towed her up...her battery died due to hazards and I said goodbye to the smallie. (Have a photo but cannot upload)
Arrived home after the worst 2 days thinking it was over til the towman called to say I could not leave my car in Ballincollig and if he left it near Gers I'd be lucky to get a wheel back! The last straw that broke the camels back......Alvie to the rescue.....Gave me Fergals no.....Mpi saved the day.Thanks Alvie.....Ferg ([pints on me :D )
Finally, 2 bottles of red, someone says "sell the smallie"
Thru it all I realised that I could never cure the smallie sickness and cannot wait for Paddys and the May trip..I am not giving in even though everyone thinks I am nuts. (Never deny the insanity)
Smallie better, (Thanks G & Aidan) but needs a get of jail card for very bad behaviour.
Sorry about the very long post but I even found this sequence of events unbelieveable and needed therapy among my fellow mini addicted friends.
Smallie
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby coolcon » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 pm

:lol: :lol: ! longest post i ever read to the end.
coolcon
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:57 pm

8O That's some weekend :lol:
Smallie's well again though 8)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:00 pm

I am sitting here and can't control My laughter , I know it was not so funny at the time Roma but it certainly makes a good story , I can see a future for You as a bestselling Author, "The adventures of Smallie " has a nice ring to it , the problem btw was a faulty rev counter , yes a bloody clock !! , hopefully it will be ok now and be able to take You off on another adventure .,
G :lol: :lol:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:34 pm

Oh my god....what a story!!! Sounds like Smallie has more lives than a cat. Hope Smallie wasn't put in the same jail cell as axe murderers or drunken scumbags.....Smallie definitely doesn't deserve that no matter how badly Smallie has behaved!
swampette
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:36 pm

swampette wrote:Oh my god....what a story!!! Sounds like Smallie has more lives than a cat. Hope Smallie wasn't put in the same jail cell as axe murderers or drunken scumbags.....Smallie definitely doesn't deserve that no matter how badly Smallie has behaved!

Oh J**us this is getting better and better with every key stroke !!!!!!
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:42 pm

I know... the latest John Grisham novel has nothing on this story... lets hope he doesn't get his hands on this plot and take all the funniest bits out.
swampette

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:45 pm

swampette wrote:I know... the latest John Grisham novel has nothing on this story... lets hope he doesn't get his hands on this plot and take all the funniest bits out.

:lol: :lol:
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:46 pm

Maybe you could get Lucy Lupo to represent Smallie in the small car court! :lol:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:47 pm

1lightningd wrote:Maybe you could get Lucy Lupo to represent Smallie in the small car court! :lol:

And to think I thought it couldn't get any worse .
G :roll: :roll:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:50 pm

Hey and everyone knows that Lucy Lupo comes across well to any jury.....it's all in the eye contact!!
swampette

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:58 pm

swampette wrote:Hey and everyone knows that Lucy Lupo comes across well to any jury.....it's all in the eye contact!!

......but not driving testers :lol:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:59 pm

swampette wrote:Hey and everyone knows that Lucy Lupo comes across well to any jury.....it's all in the eye contact!!

I can see a case for dismissal of any charges due to insanity , no Jury would convict .
G :roll:
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby swampette » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:01 pm

Insanity??? That's a bit harsh..... Lucy Lupo is extremely sane......any signs of craziness lies in the driver
swampette

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:02 pm

swampette wrote:Insanity??? That's a bit harsh..... Lucy Lupo is extremely sane......any signs of craziness lies in the driver

I think thats what he ment :roll:
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Next

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion