Go to footer

automatic mini's

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

automatic mini's

Postby jessie » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:27 pm

Hi guys,
Might be taking a look at a 1988 mayfair automatic soon. Got some good advice from G on what to look out for... just wondering if anyone has had one of these, what's it like to own and drive compared to 'normal' clutch mini :? Any stories good or bad(preferably good)? :D thanks guys!
Jessie(mini maniac)
jessie
Just Joined!

Auto

Postby leyland » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:25 am

Well Jessie,
Have you any news on the automatic you were looking at. I bought one 2 years ago and had a few problems with the auto system. My project at present is to change out the engine and box and put a manual system into the car instead. Autos are nice and great fun to drive around the city or if the body is seizing-up, but for country driving and long mini runs they can be a bit boring. Just my thoughts on them. Best of luck on whatever you decide.
Leyland
leyland
MCOI Founding Member

auto mayfair

Postby jessie » Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:04 pm

Hi , thanks for that, yeah me and mr VW had a look at it, normal car stuff came up round the same time so mini purchase on hold for the moment..
It was an 88, work had been started on it as it had been outside with a
wet floor, holes in the usual palce but under arches/front footwells/floor
under covering would have needed work alright, but vw's Punto also decided to act up big time so had to dip in to look after that first. Thems
the breaks! However,the search goes on, not to worry!
jessie
Just Joined!

Re: automatic mini's

Postby alannmoris » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Autos are nice and great fun to drive around the city or if the body is seizing-up. :)
We use the same sanding, priming, and painting techniques used by Auto Body Repair Orange County shops. We remove unsightly dings, dents, and creases with a popular Dent Repair Orange County process called paintless dent removal.
alannmoris
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion