Go to footer

Ettiquette regarding IMOC, and IMOC Members

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Ettiquette regarding IMOC, and IMOC Members

Postby Owen » Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:56 pm

We're now Googleable (Try saying that after a few pints!), and consequently, we're on irishminis.ie. It has been noticed that one or two posts on the site bashed the IMOC, and a certain member. This is where I put my admin hat on.

We're above all of that. This Club is set up to be friendly, and full of friendly banter. I have no doubt in my mind that the posts I edited were done with a genuine intent to bring a smile to people's faces, even those they were targetting, but like most things on the Internet, they were taken up wrong when viewed by outsiders.

So, here's how we progress. There is to be no more IMOC bashing on any of our forums, not bashing of any individuals involved in the IMOC, unless they're members of our club, in which case they should know better :D I will actively moderate the forums, as will the other Mods on here.

We're not out to punish anyone, or make the forums draconian by nature, this is being done purely to keep morale high, and keep good links with the IMOC, without whom, none of us would be here.

And with my admin hat off, I'd like to propose that the harassment of Alvin in the Alvin Kelly appreciation thread continue :lol:
Last edited by Owen on Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby 1lightningd » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:06 pm

Thank's Owen.

And may i also echo your thoughts on I.M.O.C. as i am still a member and have made some great friends through the club.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Postby timmydamini » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:14 pm

We set up this club because we wanted to 'do our own thing', (our own events/gatherings/runs, etc.).

It is against the ethos of this club to engage in any personal jibes against anyone, so it won't be tolerated.

I've met many fine people through the IMOC, and all I can say is the best of luck to it and the events which it organises.

Our task in hand is to build a warm, friendly club of our own with good quality events and activities.

So lets get on with it.
timmydamini
Club Leader

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion