Go to footer

If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Postby MiniMpi » Wed May 27, 2015 11:26 pm

Thanks for your membership today Neil !
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Bertie » Thu May 28, 2015 10:21 pm

Hello All,

I've just bought a 2002 Mini One 1.6 Pepper. She's needing some work and bought "as is" and as is was hiding some things.

No Clutch, No NCT, No Tax, not a good tyre on her, key shredded by kids somehow, trim missing, scuffed, mould and I'm still finding things. Battery is dead as of this moment. Car has barely moved in 6 months and I decided to clean her up with the radio on.(Idiot). :1icon_frown:

Met Black, 16" Alloys, 1.6 Petrol, Leather Interior 74k miles. I've driven a company car for long enough and said I'd just have to start somewhere with a Classic but a good everyday car. Half of Micksgarage.ie arrives tomorrow. :D

I got a brilliant Deal though. Missus thinks it's for her(to learn to drive), had to say that so I could explain the purchase.

Things I want:

4 Wheels Repaired/Refurbed
Key Fob Fixed(missing two resistors because of pesky owners kids)
Chrome Filler Cap(just because)
All Round Polish and Headlight Refurb Polish(caked on wax)
Leather Refurb would be nice.
Can you even refurb a steering wheel?

Things I actually need:

Tax form back so I can tax it
NCT
To stop buying things for it :S
Bertie
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sat May 30, 2015 10:44 am

Hi Bertie ,
Welcome to the site and congrats on your MINI purchase , Where are you based ? it looks like a decent spec with leather and 16" wheels , chrome cap kits no problem we supply those , wheels depending on which ones and how bad can be refurbed or if you are handy at DIY some can be done easily yourself -some like R90s are a pro job though .any tech advice you need just ask , and if there are any parts you need give me a call , key will be around € 200 as it has to be coded by a Main Dealer or we can do it if you are anywhere near Cork , anyway make sure you get some photos up and when you are sorted get out to an event
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Bertie » Sat May 30, 2015 11:09 am

Hi irlmin,

I'm in North Tipperary.

I'm making the trip today to Dublin to get the replacement key done by Autokey for €80. It's not a blank plain key, but an aftermarket replacement including button/fob. Most people were quoting me €180-€250 for it and convinced me Autokey couldn't do it for the money. I rang them and they assured me they can have it done in 40 mins with a complete refurb fixing the resistor issues with the key.

I've been quoted €250 to refurb the 4 wheels. They're badly kerbed. I could do it as a DIY job but I won't.

I'll add pictures later once I get the bodywork machine polished along with removing some of the 13 year old scum from the headlight which is taking over.
Bertie
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sat May 30, 2015 2:12 pm

I am surprised they can do the key as well , are they using the internals of your own ? we have a specific key 'reader ' and it won't do MINIs . anyway if it works that's a good solution at a decent price , let us know how you get on . headlights can deteriorate over time and in fact the early lights 01/04 are the worst , facelift lights 04/06 are much better and will fit and are much better light wise as well . also the OE type driving lamp kit is worth considering as well , we supply these with stainless brackets , lamps , supplied and fitted for €170 . looking forward to seeing the pics .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Nigel » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi

Just bought my first MINI this week and loving it, should have got one sooner! I don't have much history on the car as the dealer didn't have the service book but after seeing and driving it i couldn't walk away and decided to take the risk. It's a black 05C888 R53 JCW, link to car ad below.

I noticed the car had a Garmin Sat Nav with a Mini Club logo and car looks in great condition for 10 years old so i thought i'd check in here to see if perhaps a club member owned it or if Ger you might have service it at some stage so i could get in contact to learn more about the car.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mini/ha ... 6610319900

Thanks and looking forward to joining the group :)

Nigel
Nigel
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:06 pm

Hi Nigel ,
Welcome to the site , you indeed bought have a very well known car, the MINI was owned by none other than Owen Kelly one of the original founding members of the club , lots of mods carried out during Owen's period of ownership on an already very well specced car . looking forward to seeing it again and make sure you post up some photos ,
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Nigel wrote:Hi

Just bought my first MINI this week and loving it, should have got one sooner! I don't have much history on the car as the dealer didn't have the service book but after seeing and driving it i couldn't walk away and decided to take the risk. It's a black 05C888 R53 JCW, link to car ad below.

I noticed the car had a Garmin Sat Nav with a Mini Club logo and car looks in great condition for 10 years old so i thought i'd check in here to see if perhaps a club member owned it or if Ger you might have service it at some stage so i could get in contact to learn more about the car.

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/mini/ha ... 6610319900

Thanks and looking forward to joining the group :)

Nigel

Here is the link to the huge thread of the original Mini Club of Ireland owner : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=936&hilit=Project+R53
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Nigel » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 pm

MiniMpi wrote:Here is the link to the huge thread of the original Mini Club of Ireland owner : viewtopic.php?f=27&t=936&hilit=Project+R53

Thanks for the link, i'm blown away, just read the 38 pages of posts documenting the incredible effort, passion and skill Owen and others put into this car. I'll be in touch Ger to organise a service. Will post when i'm heading down incase Owen is still around and would like to see the car. Membership Application is in the post so looking forward to catching up at some stage.....assuming i'm welcome and not that guy who bought Owen's car ;)
Nigel
Just Joined!

Postby Derfinn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:37 am

Wow! Welcome Nigel.

And congratulations on your new MINI. You have lucked out, as you have seen, that is one special project car.

You'll have to post up some pics quickly. The advert is removed now that you've bought the car, it'll be great to see again.
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby AdyP » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Welcome to the club and welcome back to the black JCW once again! Look forward to meeting you both soon.
AdyP
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby Nigel » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi, here are some pictures :)

Nigel
Nigel
Just Joined!

Postby vincentlawlor » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi guys,

New member just joined. Picked up my first Mini last month it's a little racing green 2002 Mini One

She's basic but I love it. Hoping Ger is going to sort me out with a set of wheels. Going to do a few bits and pieces on her over the next few months and will post progress in the forum.

As for the rest I'm Vinny 46 from Portarlington in Laois. Drove my very first mini back around 1989 and have been wishing for one ever since. It was a 1969 and an absolutely brilliant car to drive, I'm sure there are some pics somewhere at home. Was hoping to get one for my 40th but the missus could not find one. So if anybody sees a 1969 Blue Mini with white stripes out there going for a decent price let me know. (yea the Laois colours)

Anyhew hello everybody hope to meet up with you guys at some point over the summer.

Our other car is a black Mazda 6 2.2D - hoping with a remap from Ger the Mini will pass her out on the bhp

Any suggestions for a name?

Vinny
vincentlawlor
Just Joined!

Postby stokesieboy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:08 am

Hi There,

John here from Wexford. Bought my first Mini a few weeks ago. Its a 06 One D. I love it. Great site , ill be sending off my application form during the week, or can i do it online ? Would love to get the bonnet and boot stripes, any recommendations ?
Cheers :1icon_cool:
stokesieboy
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:04 pm

stokesieboy wrote:Hi There,

John here from Wexford. Bought my first Mini a few weeks ago. Its a 06 One D. I love it. Great site , ill be sending off my application form during the week, or can i do it online ? Would love to get the bonnet and boot stripes, any recommendations ?
Cheers :1icon_cool:

Welcome to the forum John ;)
Sounds like a nice MINI you've picked up.
You can print off the form, fill it out and scan it and email it to miniclubofireland@gmail.com if you wish or post it off to the address on the front page under 'Join our club'.
You can also pay the membership by PayPal which is the same email address.

Regarding the bonnet and boot stripes, loads on ebay etc and Main dealer too of course.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion