Go to footer

If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Use this forum to discuss anything general/everyday to do with MINI. For technical questions, try the individual forums below.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Re: If you've just signed up, say hello here!

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:08 am

Welcome to the forum Claire :)
That's a lovely original looking MINI you've got.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby mini_laydee » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:32 pm

Thanks Ferg. It's not nearly as nice as some of the MINI's I'm seeing on here, but sure it's a start!
mini_laydee
Just Joined!

new user saying meep meep

Postby blueboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:12 pm

hey guys..

this site looks cool and exciting,good work all involved..
i used tobhave a mini city 11 years ago and two days after getting a great paint job and interior work done to
it,a drunk driver decided to give my mini a right owl bang and a write-off...

so im now on the scout for a little gem to have what iv always wanted.. "a mini "

this weekend im going to view a 1275 cooper 1992, sooo buzzing...

looking forward to endless fun..

blueboy.
blueboy
Just Joined!

Postby oliver » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:06 pm

Welcome blueboy. Best of luck with your search for a Mini.
oliver
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby BrianBon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Hi all.
Just joined, based on the Meath border with Louth local town would be Drogheda.

I have a 2007 mini cooper s, I have it since August and love driving it. My second mini in my life.
I owned a 1977 mini 850 a long time ago( 23 years ago) love it then but was just a little slow.

I was left an invitation card at the weekend on the car screen so here I am.
Must say there are some nice mini's out there, new and old
I live near Drogheda and since I have bought the car I notice more and more mini's out there. Some wave ! or wink or nod but not many.

Is there any mini meeting in my area ? as much as I would love to drive to Cork and have done before in the mini just after I bought it.

Love to chat with like mined people.

Regards Brian :)
Regards
Brian
BrianBon
Just Joined!

Postby lfc200 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi All,

Absolutely great site here!
Recently purchased an '05 Mini Cooper S. Already had it down to Ger and Aidan who have sorted a few issues for me, and have given me a wealth of advice!
Looking forward to signing up to the owners club and meeting you all at upcoming events!

John
lfc200
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:11 am

BrianBon wrote:Hi all.
Just joined, based on the Meath border with Louth local town would be Drogheda.

I have a 2007 mini cooper s, I have it since August and love driving it. My second mini in my life.
I owned a 1977 mini 850 a long time ago( 23 years ago) love it then but was just a little slow.

I was left an invitation card at the weekend on the car screen so here I am.
Must say there are some nice mini's out there, new and old
I live near Drogheda and since I have bought the car I notice more and more mini's out there. Some wave ! or wink or nod but not many.

Is there any mini meeting in my area ? as much as I would love to drive to Cork and have done before in the mini just after I bought it.

Love to chat with like mined people.

Regards Brian :)

Hi Brian .
Welcome to the site , glad to see you are enjoying your MINI after an absence of 23 years , you never loose the 'mini ' thing . We will be doing some stuff nearer to Dublin this year and in fact one of our members is working on an event at the moment for South Dublin to be announced soon .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby irlmin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am

lfc200 wrote:Hi All,

Absolutely great site here!
Recently purchased an '05 Mini Cooper S. Already had it down to Ger and Aidan who have sorted a few issues for me, and have given me a wealth of advice!
Looking forward to signing up to the owners club and meeting you all at upcoming events!

John

Hi John .
Good to see you today , that's a nice original 05 S you picked up and delighted we could help with the few little bits and check over . I am looking forward to helping to get the S to where you want it with the program of mods to make a good car even better , and keep an eye on here for details of upcoming events .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Derfinn » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Welcome Brian and John.

Nice to see some for North East people along, Brian.
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby GHOST » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:00 pm

...Hi guy's,,, first car (back in th 90's) was a mini,,, 82, 998cc (??),,, cost me 200 quid!!! Loved it!!!
drove her up and down mountains,,, and all over Ireland,,,sometimes with a kayak and a mountain bike on roof rack.
just got an 02 cooper on Dec 30,,, looking forward 2 some fun. :blob6: :blob10: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:
:evil7:
Last edited by GHOST on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GHOST
Getting used to the place

Postby MrMagoo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:36 am

Hello Folks

New to the site so said id say hello. Just picked up a 03 Mini Cooper for the wife the other day, have to say I never thought id enjoy driving one, but oh my god what great fun they are! Shes having a hard time getting the thing off me to drive herself! Anyway heres a few photos of the machine (I know its not a Cooper S but previous owner had the badges etc put on) Not sure if i should remove them or leave them as is!

Now yesterday had a bit of a panic as I spotted the Coolant Reservoir was stone cold empty, so i topped it up and it disappeared within a few mins. But one quick call to Gerard O'Leary in Ballincollig and it was all sorted, they took the time to calm me down!!, assess the issue and thank god it was a simple fix. Absolute gents to deal with an ill never go anywhere else with the mini! So massive thanks to them!

Looking forward to getting involved in the site etc!

Cheers
Eoin

MrMagoo
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:03 am

Welcome to the forum Eoin :)
That's a lovely Cooper indeed, nice spec on it.
The lads in O'Leary's Garage are THE Mini people in fairness.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby neilmacaogain » Mon May 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Hi there, just joined the site after buying a classic '96 rover mini sidewalk - still has the original interior (http://www.atjp74.dsl.pipex.com/images/gary_boston3.jpg)! Will stick pics up when I get the chance. Looking forward to learning loads about the car. Any recommendations for good garages in Cork to get the car serviced? Cheers, Neil.
1996 Rover Mini Sidewalk
neilmacaogain
Just Joined!

Postby lfc200 » Tue May 26, 2015 8:41 am

neilmacaogain wrote:Hi there, just joined the site after buying a classic '96 rover mini sidewalk - still has the original interior (http://www.atjp74.dsl.pipex.com/images/gary_boston3.jpg)! Will stick pics up when I get the chance. Looking forward to learning loads about the car. Any recommendations for good garages in Cork to get the car serviced? Cheers, Neil.

Welcome Neil, congrats on the purchase. You can't look past O'Learys in Ballincollig for all things Mini. Absolute gents to deal with there!
lfc200
Just Joined!

Postby neilmacaogain » Tue May 26, 2015 5:16 pm

lfc200 wrote:
neilmacaogain wrote:Hi there, just joined the site after buying a classic '96 rover mini sidewalk - still has the original interior (http://www.atjp74.dsl.pipex.com/images/gary_boston3.jpg)! Will stick pics up when I get the chance. Looking forward to learning loads about the car. Any recommendations for good garages in Cork to get the car serviced? Cheers, Neil.
<BR abp="673"><BR abp="674"><BR abp="675">Welcome Neil, congrats on the purchase. You can't look past O'Learys in Ballincollig for all things Mini. Absolute gents to deal with there!

Any idea of directions? I can't for the life of me find them on google maps!
1996 Rover Mini Sidewalk
neilmacaogain
Just Joined!

PreviousNext

Return to Board index

Return to General Discussion