Go to footer

The Miscellaneous Charter

Anything and everything for sale and wanted by Club Members.
If you're not a fully paid club member, you cannot use this forum, and trying to circumvent the rules wil result in a temporary site ban.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Forum rules
    Classifieds are for fully paid members only
If you haven't paid your subscription as a member, your ad will be deleted.

The Miscellaneous Charter

Postby Owen » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:44 am

To prevent any mess-ups, and false advertising on the For Sale forum, there are some rules you need to adhere to. If you don't stick to the rules, I'll delete the thread. Break them a second time, and you'll get a week's banning from the For Sale forum. Having a heavy hand here is vital to protect potential buyers and sellers. So, without further adieu, here are the rules in all their glory :

1. Only members can advertise here.
To advertise in this Forum, you must be a paid up member of the MINI Club of Ireland. Anyone who isn't a member will have their thread deleted. There will be no penalty for a one of infringement of this rule.

2. All dealings on thread.
No offering prices through Private Messaging (PMs), or through the phone. Offer your prices here first, if they're agreeable, proceed to phone. This just helps when people are viewing the thread to see how serious a seller is in sticking to his asking price, and if the parts in question are sold, or not.

3. No thread spoiling.
If someone goes to the trouble of posting a parts or accessories for sale here, don't try to belittle the effort by making claims such as "The 997cc engine isn't worth a damn". Your opinion, and someone elses can, and usually will be completely different.

4. No commercial selling.
This goes for Ger and myself, and any other trader. This is for private sales only. We're not here to provide free advertising for anyone.

5. No stolen/written off items are to be offered here for sale.
Adverts for stolen parts will result in the users account being locked, and their IP address being banned. If the matter is serious enough, I will report their IP, and ISP to the Gardaí.

6. Try to include photos.
You'll have a better chance of selling if you include photos.

7. Play nice.
I don't want to use a heavy hand in this Forum, but I will. And so will the other Moderators.

8. Let us know if you make the sale!
If you sell the items in question, or decide to remove them, please let us know so we can lock the thread up.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Return to Board index

Return to The Classifieds Forum