Go to footer

Post deleted ; see rules on advertising

Anything and everything for sale and wanted by Club Members.
If you're not a fully paid club member, you cannot use this forum, and trying to circumvent the rules wil result in a temporary site ban.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Forum rules
    Classifieds are for fully paid members only
If you haven't paid your subscription as a member, your ad will be deleted.

Post deleted ; see rules on advertising

Postby MickCooperS » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:02 pm

See rules on forum advertising which is restricted to fully paid up-members only ,
Mod
MickCooperS
Getting used to the place

Postby MickCooperS » Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:48 am

I really don't see the point of this- www.mini2.com have free advertising.... you should want a bit of activity on the site!!!!
MickCooperS

Postby irlmin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:00 am

It is quiet simple , We decided from the outset to place rules and regs on the operation of this site and these rules include the restriction on advertising on anyone EXCEPT fully paid up members of the MCOI and You are incorrect re MINI2.com and advertising Paul Mullet has restricted adverts to 'privilege' members --yes those that put their hand in their pockets and support the site every year financially . there are many benefits to joining the MCOI including non commercial advertising and discount schemes etc .in simple terms Our Members pay the bills -- they get the benefits .
Mod
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Owen » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:16 am

A lot of Clubs actually work like this Mick, and to be perfectly honest, the advantages you get for spending the 50 Euro are vast, you'd easily recoup the 50 Euros in discounts within a few weeks, and after that, you have the privilidge to come on events, post ads on the Website, and display the Club Logo on your own car. Well worth it.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby MickCooperS » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:20 am

irlmin wrote:It is quiet simple , We decided from the outset to place rules and regs on the operation of this site and these rules include the restriction on advertising on anyone EXCEPT fully paid up members of the MCOI and You are incorrect re MINI2.com and advertising Paul Mullet has restricted adverts to 'privilege' members --yes those that put their hand in their pockets and support the site every year financially . there are many benefits to joining the MCOI including non commercial advertising and discount schemes etc .in simple terms Our Members pay the bills -- they get the benefits .
Mod

I don't wish to get into an argument - What I'm saying is that I think it's a counter productive rule- I never became a member because I'm living in Dublin and nothing really happens up here (I don't even know how much it is to join!). I just think you might be restricting others in the same boat ....also I have the items advertised on mini2 right now so I'm not sure you are correct about your reference to privilege members etc....anyhow, its your site and your club so you call the shots the way you see it!
MickCooperS

Postby MickCooperS » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:33 am

Owen wrote:A lot of Clubs actually work like this Mick, and to be perfectly honest, the advantages you get for spending the 50 Euro are vast, you'd easily recoup the 50 Euros in discounts within a few weeks, and after that, you have the privilidge to come on events, post ads on the Website, and display the Club Logo on your own car. Well worth it.

Fair point- I would definitely think about joining although its not about money etc- its just I felt the club was highly centralised in Cork and I'm 160 miles away! Thats why I just stuck with being part of the online community!
MickCooperS

Postby irlmin » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:10 am

Mick , there is no argument , rules are rules and We are aware of the fact We are based in Cork , however We have many Members based on the East Coast and in fact overseas , I fully accept the fact that the bulk of Our events are based in the South BUT We feel that discounts etc on things like Ferry travel will help to negate any disadvantage . We based Our ban on advertising to non members on the experience of other sites where it became farcical that People were registering just to advertise . Our primary concern is Our Members and while I accept this stance might be unacceptable to some it is We feel is the best for Our Members .Please don't take it personally Mick and I hope to see You on here more often and perhaps You will consider joining next Year ,remember We are a young club and only just over a year old and have an ever increasing membership and some of the best mini events under Our belt so We must be doing something right
Gerard
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to The Classifieds Forum