Go to footer

1992 Mini Cooper 1430 for sale Now BREAKING

Anything and everything for sale and wanted by Club Members.
If you're not a fully paid club member, you cannot use this forum, and trying to circumvent the rules wil result in a temporary site ban.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Forum rules
    Classifieds are for fully paid members only
If you haven't paid your subscription as a member, your ad will be deleted.

1992 Mini Cooper 1430 for sale Now BREAKING

Postby irlmin » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:14 pm

NOW BREAKING FOR PARTS >

We have a 1992 Cooper in BRG/White for sale , its fitted with a serious 1430 cc engine with all the correct bits including offset ground crank , cooper S conrods , offset bored ,with mostly MED components , decent head and modified throttle body bored out to 44 mm , its got vented discs and 4 pot caliper brakes , and 13" Starmag wheels with sportpack arches ,interior in excellent condition , body good with only a few rust bits . we have no time to do anything to this so we will sell as is as a project , 1st € 2750 will get this very powerfull mini . call me on 0868663828
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re: 1992 Mini Cooper 1430 for sale

Postby midas » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi Ger will you take a GTM as trade.
Plastic can't rust..........
midas
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: 1992 Mini Cooper 1430 for sale Now BREAKING

Postby irlmin » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:14 am

BUMP
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Ciaran » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi are there parts still available off this? I Id be interested in crank, rods, pistons flywheel and what gearbox is in it?
Ciaran
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:32 pm

Hi Ciaran ,
The engine / box was sold , it was a 115 bhp 1430cc unit . We can supply the offset ground crank and would have the S rods in stock , pistons are 73.5mm and we can supply a few options in the correct size ,rebuilt engine / box in any spec can be supplied as well , also we would always have gearboxes in stock either secondhand or rebuilt .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Ciaran » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply,

Could you give me a price on 73.5mm pistons, if you have forged it would be great but a decent set of cast would suit too. I was quoted €200 for a set of mini spares evo with rings by another supplier.

A SCCR box with a X-pin diff, not sure on what FD to use , hoping to get 100+ BHP and 90 Ft/lbs and ill be running 12 inch wheels. I want a very fast 0-60 as opposed to out and out top speed. Possibly looking at maybe a 3.6 or 4.1 FD. Outputs for STD pot joints.

Rods and Cranks Im not too pushed on, unless the price is right or they are ligtenend and balanced(or a EN40 crank and cooperS rods), the A+ rods are adequate for 100bhp as is the crank.

Lightweight Flywheel.

MPi Injection system, everything apart from ECU.

Also can you tell be the position of the lambda sensor on the exhaust manifold? is it located on the middle port or is there one on the middle and one on the outer?

Thanks If I can think of any more parts ill ask here, its for my theses.
Ciaran
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:38 pm

I will have a look and work out some prices for you , best advice is keep it simple , the secret of a decent power / torque output from any A series is the head dont take any shortcuts here , A+ blocks are very strong and will need just a center main strap and line boring .lots of crank options but don't go mad for a road engine just not necessary , cam wise look for torque and fit something like an SW5 / 07 , lots of low down power , torque makes a car accelerate quickly so don't be too worried about big 'headline' bhp figures , go with big cc's 1380 or with an offset ground crank and S rods 1430 , as regards ign and inj lots of options again here depending on your budget from single SU HIF 44 , twin SU 38 mm carbs, modified throttle body , aftermarket throttle bodies with a decent programable inj and ign system all depending on your budget . also of course there is the option of forced induction , We have done some Supercharger conversions and its big power at reasonable money and most important really smooth power delivery . sccr box again not needed for a road car if you rebuild your std box correctly and fit a 4 pin diff , no problem supplying the box with a new sc gear kit but not really necessary ,final drive ration I would go with 3.44;1 as it will give you decent acceleration with some degree of civilized cruise . finally make sure you use a decent suitable oil NOT synthetic or semi Synthetic contrary to what some 'experts' say it just won't work and the gearbox will destroy the oil and your unit in a very short time , We use Valvoline 20/50 racing in any road engine we build and have never had a lubrication problem .what you need to remember is keep it simple and look to reliability rather that big unobtainable bhp figures , if you drive a mini with a decent genuine 100 bhp take it from me its a quick mini .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Ciaran » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:55 am

I have already had a 1380 in the mini, it has a 286 cam, twin HS4 , Aldon yellow dizzy , Minispeed Stage 3 Head (AFAIK the valves are the biggest you can fit in as the gap between the two is literrally 1-2 mm thick, have to use additive as the seats aint done for unleaded) I think the comp ration is up near 11:1 but Id have to measure it up, It got a large bore 3 in 1 manifold and a 2" maniflow single box exhaust .
Problem is that I have either ran too much advance or the mixture was lean at the top end as I blew a hole in the ringland of #4 and so had feck all compression. I have no idea what pistons are in it as I took the head off but am yet to wipe way the carbon.
It had a proven 96 BHP and 86 Ft/Lbs torque all up around the 5k Rpm mark. Standard box + F.D so it had a 3.44 (Was a Early late cooper 1991, actually build on 31/12/1990)
I found the car neither quick , I mean Id consider it quick if it was to keep up with glanzas S and V , GTi etc, this could barely stick it out with some family saloons like passats. Found motorways a pain in the arse 120Kmph was around 4,500 RPM ( witha 2" exhaust :rolleyes: ), power only came on around 3K and was a surge, only thing I couldnt fault it on was in top gear its could seriously move from around 80Kmph to 120 and above in seconds , its really was impressive, unfortunatley IMO, the minis Co-eff of drag means that its uneconomical at 120 and trying to go above means you need serious torque, which IMO the A-series cannot do reliably.

Soooo, my rebuild is focusing on a Blistering acceleration, I want 0-60 in single figures at least, 7secs if possible (I dont see why not with 100+BHP in a 900kg car) so was thinking of going for a Lower FD and sacrificing Motorways as I barely use them, its far too expensive in a mini, you nearly see the fuel guage going down and your ears bleeding.

Fuelling is going to be controlled by a canems ECU, Hopefully mated to Motorbike TBs on a Mpi manifold, I want to keep the manifold short in order to reduce the pulse effect of the siamese ports, running a dry manifold too. SHould be a interesting build, want to get it going ASAP!

In the future I'l try a 7port X flow then possiblt SUper or Turbo chrge it. :D
Ciaran
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to The Classifieds Forum