Go to footer

Mini jcw

Anything and everything for sale and wanted by Club Members.
If you're not a fully paid club member, you cannot use this forum, and trying to circumvent the rules wil result in a temporary site ban.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Forum rules
    Classifieds are for fully paid members only
If you haven't paid your subscription as a member, your ad will be deleted.

Mini jcw

Postby The cake » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:09 am

Hey, Conor here seriously thinking about changing my john cooper works for a clubby... itchy feet..!!
Was either thinking of another works clubman if i could find a nice one or else a clubman sd any advice...? Be sad to leave my works go though as i have it just the way i wanted it. :1icon_cry:
The cake
Getting used to the place

Postby mini87 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Clubby all the way! I am obsessed with mine :D have you driven one yet?
mini87
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: Mini jcw

Postby The cake » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:23 pm

No, not yet... I love the sound of my jcw and obviously the power but could do with a bit of extra space in the boot...!! and the looks of the clubby have really grown on me
The cake
Getting used to the place

Re: Mini jcw

Postby AdyP » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:55 pm

Clubby's are the business alright Conor, hard to find in S spec let along SD or Works unless you import one. There is one grey S on Carzone right now, you could play with that to get some good power, fit the bodykit etc.

An SD will be quite different to drive though I think, all torque but not the grunty rev-hungry thing you have now. Do you do many miles?
AdyP

Postby Derfinn » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Hey Conor.
If you love the sound of your JCW (why would you not!!) you may be disappointed with the sound of a SD.
I moved from a R56S to a R60SD and a much as I love it, if I was speccing again, would definitely go petrol. Just sounds so good.

You may need to look to importing a JCW Clubman, as Adrian already said. But it would be worth it.

I recently drove a friend's JCW Clubbie in England, and afterwards I was looking them up on Pistonheads for days!
Derfinn

Return to Board index

Return to The Classifieds Forum