Go to footer

Service on my MINI and my Mini !

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Service on my MINI and my Mini !

Postby MiniMpi » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:52 am

Got my Sept. '05 MINI ONE serviced in KOL(Kevin O'Leary's) today(Tuesday).
I have TLC service pack so cost me nothing.
This is it's first service. at 14,133km's.
This varies do to driving style and where you drive it,ie: city all the time or motorway etc.
Before I got the service I checked the airfilter,as this is'nt changed till I think the 3rd service which I think is too long to be honest.
Simple enough to check/change it yourself.
Found it to be quite dirty,fair from shiny yellow as it's supposed to be.
This could be due to lovely dusty sections of MTM maybe 8O :lol: Worth it though!!!
I ordered one and I'll fit it next week.
Waited as car was been done. Coffee,scones,SKY tv and leather sofa's and todays papers all waiting for me to enjoy while I waited. (40 minutes)
Very impressed with whole experience I must say.
Car is flying after it..........Does it really know that I had lavished some attention on it???

Decided then that my Classic was feeling neglected so changed the oil and filter and also the 4 plugs to keep her happy.
Also got Aidan at O'Leary's Garage to sort out a bad oil leak from the diff housing last Friday too.

All Mini's feeling the better of a bit of pampering :D
Fergal.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby 1lightningd » Wed Jul 19, 2006 1:11 pm

I remember my first service, it was like a scean out of e.r. with all the boys around it :lol: I think it may have been there first one d. But I have to say the staff down there are brill. (except you know who) And the waiting area is second to none.
1lightningd
MCOI Founding Member

Location: London. 2012 picking up a gold medal for Kazakhstan

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help