Go to footer

Engine Remap

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:52 am

I just like the idea of having dealer backing, should something go horribly wrong...
nylo
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Banana » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:22 pm

Lesley wrote:
Parsey???? really???

Yep, he's got all the cables and stuff - I spoke to him about it before :)

Was contemplating buying the cables myself but I just don't trust myself I'm afraid :roll:
Banana

Postby Lesley » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:34 pm

Banana wrote:
Lesley wrote:
Parsey???? really???

Yep, he's got all the cables and stuff - I spoke to him about it before :)

Was contemplating buying the cables myself but I just don't trust myself I'm afraid :roll:

TBH i wouldn't trust you either :wink:

i'll hopefully be getting the car sorted for donegal.... but i want to get the lights finished first......
Lesley
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MiniMpi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:27 pm

Lesley wrote:
nylo wrote:So it's pretty much undetectable?

And is fuel consumption helped at all? Not really that bothered, but I wouldn't want it to get much lower:roll:

Just saw that Ger's sig is now MTH, and I'd be very tempted...

Other thing, would I need to get my MINI down to Cork?

there's a guy who works for thompsons of dromore that can do it from home for 200 notes....... he's going to do mine when i can raise the funds!

Hi Lesley,
As far as I know this is only the "Standard" file/map and is'nt anything as good as the "Tuner" file/map.
It was the first type of file/map that MTH did.
Since been surpassed by the "Tuner" file/map and this gives you more bhp,10 to 15bhp, and loads more changes to the driveability of the car.
The "Tuner" file/map is only available from the MTH dealers as far as I know.
Ger can probably clarify this for you.
Might as well get the serious jobbie if you are going to do it at all.
Another advantage of getting the "Tuner" file/map is that if you put on a sports exhaust or new airfilter/induction kit etc., you can get your file/map upgraded to suit,think this service is free too :D
Regards,
Fergal.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Banana » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:32 pm

MiniMpi wrote:
Hi Lesley,
As far as I know this is only the "Standard" file/map and is'nt anything as good as the "Tuner" file/map.
Since been surpassed by the "Tuner" file/map and this gives you more bhp,10 to 15bhp, and loads more changes to the driveability of the car.
Another advantage of getting the "Tuner" file/map is that if you put on a sports exhaust or new airfilter/induction kit etc., you can get your file/map upgraded to suit,think this service is free too :D
Regards,
Fergal.

Yep, thats what Parsey does :wink:

Blimey, I'll stop promoting him - I'm still annoyed with him for winning the show :P :lol:
Banana

Postby nylo » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:07 pm

MiniMpi wrote:As far as I know this is only the "Standard" file/map and is'nt anything as good as the "Tuner" file/map.
Regards,
Fergal.

Aye, well I got the JCW exhaust put on last year, and at the moment I've got a Pipercross panel filter, although this will probably go in the future in favour of the JCW airbox, so it would probably be a nice idea to get things updated to take those into account...
nylo

Re: Engine Remap

Postby liamo_mini_man » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Hi Fergal.

Is your MINI ONE pre 07 (1.6 model). I have a 07 1.4 MINI ONE and was thinking of getting it remaped but haven't found anyone who has remaped the GEN2 1.4 MINI. Just wondering is it worth doing it on the 1.4 engine.

Liam
liamo_mini_man
Just Joined!

Re: Engine Remap

Postby langdang » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Hey Liamo,
Dunno how much gain there is to be had in the 1.4, certainly not as much as the 1.6 One. 80->130ish
Haven't driven a 1.4 One, but maybe there might be benefits other than outright power?
Have a 02 Cooper here that could do with a remap, must head down to Cork sometime soon..
langdang

Previous

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help