Go to footer

Unleaded conversion

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Unleaded conversion

Postby masterfuji » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:51 pm

Does anyone have an indication of how much it would cost to get a leaded 998cc engine converted to unleaded including parts. My mini is just about road ready but need to sort the fuel now before I do too much distance.

Any indication or help would be appreciated.
masterfuji
Just Joined!

Postby MiniMpi » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:44 pm

Not sure to be honest but Ger(Irlmin) should be able to give you an idea ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby irlmin » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:25 pm

I will have a look Tomorrow in the workshop as I think we might have a secondhand 1.0 unleaded head , the mini 1.0 from mid 1989 was fitted with an unleaded head and is a direct swap .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby masterfuji » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:28 pm

irlmin wrote:I will have a look Tomorrow in the workshop as I think we might have a secondhand 1.0 unleaded head , the mini 1.0 from mid 1989 was fitted with an unleaded head and is a direct swap .
G

Thanks Ger. Do let me know.

Cheers
masterfuji
Just Joined!

lead or unleaded

Postby shay » Mon May 18, 2009 6:48 pm

hello i have a 1978 mini 850cc deos any1 kno how to tell by looking at the valve seats if its had hardened seats put in or not!!!! if u have any info send us a message cheers!!!!!!
shay
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Mon May 18, 2009 6:53 pm

They won't be unleaded unless someone has had them converted with hardened seats etc , you will be able to see if new seats have been fitted when you look inside the combustion chamber and around the valve area when you have removed the head as the metal of the seats will be different to the cast iron head .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

unleaded

Postby shay » Mon May 18, 2009 7:15 pm

ok yea i have the head off and had a look myself but as far as i can see they ar standard!!! thanx 4 reply
shay
Just Joined!

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help