Go to footer

Plate thing

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Plate thing

Postby VolcanoAndy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:43 pm

Ok was coming home this evening and there was a god dam awful noise from my suspension or so i thought

i thought it was my bushes at first but then after a simple tap off the wheel i found what it was

there a plate on the back side of the brake disc and its broken at one point

what is this plate for and any idea where i can get a new one? or mite need two lol
VolcanoAndy
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Plate thing

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:14 pm

VolcanoAndy wrote:Ok was coming home this evening and there was a god dam awful noise from my suspension or so i thought

i thought it was my bushes at first but then after a simple tap off the wheel i found what it was

there a plate on the back side of the brake disc and its broken at one point

what is this plate for and any idea where i can get a new one? or mite need two lol

regular problem , don't panic just remove it , its a stoneguard and won't make any major difference , in fact Brakes will cool better without it .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby VolcanoAndy » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:27 pm

so its jus weight haha
VolcanoAndy
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby irlmin » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:45 pm

VolcanoAndy wrote:so its jus weight haha

Yeah , something like that , remember there is another one on the other side , most People just wait until that one breaks before removing it but if You have time You might as well remove it at the same time .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help