Go to footer

headlining

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

headlining

Postby karl » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 pm

hi,
my headlining is looking a bit tired and needs to be replaced.what sort of price am i looking at?is it a big job?its a 84 city e.any help would be greatly apprieciated.

karl.
karl
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:43 pm

Its a tricky job , you have to remove the windows and door seals , the 'rods' going through the cloth are colour coded so remember where they go when you come to fit to the new cloth , you fit the rods to the cloth and then fit the complete lining to the car by clipping the rods into the correct holes , the cloth will then be hanging and needs to be tensioned this is done ny glueing the front and rear edges to the screen appertures , fit the screen seals next and move to the sides again, tension the cloth to the sides and glue again holding in place by using the door seals and side window seals , refit and re-seal the screens and screen fillers , as I said its tricky but do-able with paitence ,
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby ken79 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:22 am

Where can we get new headlining from Ger?
[img:360:76]http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll244/bebospy/2932016390a5237598833l-5-1.jpg[/img]
ken79
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby irlmin » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:09 am

We can supply them , otherwise all the 'usual' UK based suppliers .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help