Go to footer

recommended heads..

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

recommended heads..

Postby flickr » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:26 pm

howdy all, i havnt been on here in ages! hope everyones well. i'm looking to finish off my mpi with a good quality stage 2 head. minispares are out of stock of the heads keith calver makes for them and numerous other companies are mad busy and so theres a hefty waiting list for heads and such. can anyone recommend who do good quality heads for me? i'm looking at mpi road head from P&L minis? anyone had any experience with them?
David
flickr
Getting used to the place

Postby irlmin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Our experience is that all the good head suppliers will have a waiting list , Calver heads are good , I have used heads from Paul at Vmax scart and have been happy with them , I would go at least stage 3 as you will have an increase in valve size with most ,ST 2 usually is only polishing / porting , remember you will have to supply an exchange casting as well . MED do some very good work and We use them sometimes , Brian Slark at SRE as well is a very good supplier ,
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Re:

Postby flickr » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:41 pm

yeah i was gona go with calvers gt spec head he does for mini spares but again not in stock. med and similar seem to be very expensive and slark is too bogged down with work. the P&L minis head is to the same spec as calvers heads with similar valve sizes etc...a little more expensive compared to keiths heads but they seem to be a reputable company so i reckon i'l give them a go. i'l let ye know if my car explodes over the next few weeks!
flickr

Postby irlmin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:47 pm

P and L buy in their heads , I would check who actually does them , there is a good reason MED are expencive they are excellent quality , we had some heads last year from a certain supplier and had to send back both with porus castings , so beware .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby flickr » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:53 am

ha, well as it happens P&L minis get their heads from keith calver. that worked out well then!
flickr

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help