Go to footer

Anyone a expert with electrics

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

How does my mini look ?

looks sweet :)
No votes
good
No votes
ok ish....
No votes
meah......... seen better :s
No votes
not woth looking at
No votes

Total votes : 0

Anyone a expert with electrics

Postby sparkey89 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:20 pm

[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font]
Hi all :),

New to the forum and the site. A basic rundown of me and my mini. Well I'm 21 and a mechanical engineer with experience in everything from welding to building auto grass cars and more. After getting rid of a vw project this mini came my way ( a 89 mayfair) which has 49k on it and got a resto and paint job about 6 years ago and sat in a mechanics garage until November last when i got it. About a week after I got it, I filled it up and drove up donnybrook hill in cork to my mechanic.

There was a hairline crack in the tank, which filled the boot and under the back seat with petrol and a loose set of jump leads sparked off the battery................................... up she went ! as i was driving. Destroying most of it.

Anyway its mostly fixed now I'll put some pic's below. My issue is the indicators are in bits, after a new stalk, relay, and hazard switch nothing seems to work, after trying to trace stuff with a multi-meter everything seems seem to have power but still. Most auto electricians don't want to even look at a mini so here I am.

Anyone that can help ?

click here for pic's

[url=http://photobucket.com/gav89]
Handbreak turns in the rain :-) every rainey day !!!<br>
sparkey89
Just Joined!

Postby irlmin » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:30 pm

We should have new switches as its something we always have in stock and a few second ones as well , I will check in the morning ,give me a call on 0868663828 anytime after 9.30 .Mini wiring is not terribly difficult especially on a pre injection one so any advice you need just ask .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help