Go to footer

Bucket seats for Mini

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Bucket seats for Mini

Postby minima » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:26 pm

I have just fit a rollcage with door bars to Homer. The seats I have are too wide with the cage. Can anyone recommend a bucket seat that fits well with a cage? I dont`t have rear seats but I still would like access to the back. Answers on a postcard ..... :)

Eric
minima
Getting used to the place

Postby irlmin » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Its very difficult to get decent aftermarket seats to fit with a cage , We built 2 minis in the last few years with cages . one was a GPN rally car which we used on a press program for MINI USA in France the other a customer track day car , our solution was to 'stagger' the seats with the passenger one lower and further back then the 'winged' seats did fit , the seats were the narrowest 'winged' buckets we could get ,
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby minima » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:30 pm

Do you remember the make of the seats Ger? I presume the winged seats give better protection?

Eric
minima
Getting used to the place

Postby irlmin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:55 pm

I will have a look Tomorrow Eric , I know some have narrow wings and some are just way too wide ,
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help