Go to footer

Oil Pressure Light

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Oil Pressure Light

Postby Monkey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:42 pm

Hi All,

Need a bit of advise, was just driving home this evening nd on a roundabout near Ballincollig a light came on and a noise (same as the one when petrol is low) was to be heard. Once off the roundabout the symbol disappeared and as soon as I could safely stop I did so.

I took out the trusty manual and saw that the symbol that had appeared was the Oil Pressure one - red Oil can symbol. I sat for about 10 mins and then checked the oil on the dip stick. It appeared to be okay for oil - I will check it again later. According to the on board computer Oil is not due for another 22,000 kms.

I switched on the engine and no light appeared and no warning noise was to be heard. As I was about 7 mins from home I headed off and had no problems or noises/lights on the way home.

Just to remind the car is an '07 R56 Cooper with 47,000 miles on the clock

Anybody ever have this happen or have any advise as to what to do?

Thanks
Just to remind
Monkey
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby irlmin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:12 pm

The problem is your oil may be low and when you are on the roundabout the remaining oil moves away from the oil pick-up in the engine sump , make sure you check it again on level ground , give Me a shout if I can help .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Postby Monkey » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Thanks Ger

Will have a check in the morning again

O
Monkey
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help