Go to footer

Parrot MKi 9200 Bluetooth System

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Parrot MKi 9200 Bluetooth System

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:50 am

I got myself, and "Yorkie"!!, a Christmas prezzie!! :)
It is an excellent built in bluetooth system and also sorts the music end of things too, playlists etc etc it has it's own display which i am putting on a bracket on the left of the rev counter :) :1icon_cool:
And it works with iPhone :1icon_cool: so happy out :)
When i get it i'll try to do some install photo's etc ;)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Re: Parrot MKi 9200 Bluetooth System

Postby Owen » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Snap! I'm getting the same system for the Rover, but it's going to be a nightmare to install. Because all the electronic brains of the Rover's entertainment system are in the boot, such as the TV, SatNav, HK Amp, and the CD Changer is up front, I'm going to have to do some serious wire running and probably make a few interface boxes so I can keep the CD Changer too.

I've been playing with one recently, and it's superb. Easily the best kit out there. Make sure you upgrade the firmware Ferg, apparently it's a buggy unit that needs frequent updating.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:32 pm

Owen wrote:Snap! I'm getting the same system for the Rover, but it's going to be a nightmare to install. Because all the electronic brains of the Rover's entertainment system are in the boot, such as the TV, SatNav, HK Amp, and the CD Changer is up front, I'm going to have to do some serious wire running and probably make a few interface boxes so I can keep the CD Changer too.

I've been playing with one recently, and it's superb. Easily the best kit out there. Make sure you upgrade the firmware Ferg, apparently it's a buggy unit that needs frequent updating.

Thanks Owen, read that alright ref udating the firmware ;)
Looking forward to getting it now, it will be sweet :)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:09 pm

The last of "Yorkie's" prezzie's was a Parrot MKi 9200 Bluetooth system :1icon_cool:
I fitted it myself , which i was delighted i did now, great feeling ;)
It is really brilliant!
Seperate amplifer too so the sound for your music is Amazing :1icon_cool:
All info like playlists etc come up on the Parrot screen which i mounted by the revcounter ;)
Call's are so clear and peple can actually hear you perfectly ;)
Photo's below:

The remote controller for the system:

The ipod/Iphone lead:(there is also a USB and AUX connections)
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Derfinn » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:54 pm

That looks fantastic!
Did it take ytou long to fit it Ferg?
Derfinn
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby MiniMpi » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:10 am

Derfinn wrote:That looks fantastic!
Did it take you long to fit it Ferg?

A few hours Derek, it was quite easy to be honest as i got it from mikeythemini and he supplied a plug & play loom for it for my exact MINI so made it very easy.
I am very very happy with it and works with my iPhone too, so the music is great.
Ferg
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Owen » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:16 pm

I'm getting mine installed this week. I'd do it myself, but it's going into the Rover, and TBH, that's going to be a nightmare for the guy doing it. He's got to fit it in along with the TV, Nav, 6 Disc Changer, MFSW, Harman Kardon amp. Then to make matters worse, all the entertainment controls units are in the boot, and the HK amp will probably be incompatible with the amp in the Parrot kit. Then, he has to make sure the Nav has priority to interrupt the Parrot Kit for directions, etc, but only when Music is playing.

Going to be a whole lot of spaghetti wiring, and if my car goes on fire, I prefer to blame someone else than me :)
Owen

Postby MiniMpi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:05 am

Defo him than me at it Owen.....as me with wires....= Flames!!! Haha
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Bawnee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:26 am

I really think that Parrot System is the business :) If i'd not updated my car i'd have defo appreciated a system like this! :) Good luck with the fitting Owen, get the Fire Extinguisher ready, better safe than sorry..... :)
Bawnee

Postby Owen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:38 am

Mine's half in. Despite explaining to the guy how long the Rover is, he thought 1 extension cable would do it. So he's coming back today with a second one. Finger's crossed it'll be done this evening. I've not been patient though - while he's been away, I've fitted the microphone, screen, and routed the 3 audio input cables (There's a cable for iPod/iPhone, USB, and Aux-in, there's even an SD card reader on the screen too). This kit is so good, honestly I think it should be standard on MINIs.

I've also got the latest firmware sitting on a memory stick waiting to be uploaded to it.
Owen

Postby MiniMpi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:12 pm

Good man!!
it will be brill when it's fully done Owen ;)
Thrilled with mine :)
MiniMpi
Membership Secretary

Postby Bawnee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:47 pm

Do you Cork men ever stand still :) LOL... Wow!!
Bawnee

Postby Owen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:08 pm

Jesus I feel sorry for the guy doing mine. He's out there 3 hours now, half of the boot had to be ripped out, and after finally wiring the kit in, when it's playing music, it's still receiving the signal from the normal stereo, so the subwoofer is doing its own thing against the music. Now he has to try to mute that. And it's freezing cold too!
Owen

Postby Owen » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Well, it's installed, and working, but I'm really disappointed with the quality of music playback from it. Because my sound system is a Harman Kardon, it has a separate subwoofer which the Parrot bypasses. As a result, every track that's playing on my Parrot now has absolutely no bass. Zero. Everything just sounds tinny, and crap.

I'm going to have to install a separate subwoofer and amp for the parrot kit I think. Gutted. The cassette tape adaptor I had previously to this was actually better.
Owen

Postby Bawnee » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:48 pm

That's heartbreaking alright........ Somehow i don't think you'll give up that easy, all the best with the rest of it :1icon_cool:
Bawnee

Next

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help