Go to footer

R55 Cable that connects iPod to Stereo

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

R55 Cable that connects iPod to Stereo

Postby Bawnee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:32 am

Anyone got one of these cables that is causing me grief. The cable plugs into the AUX which is neat, but the cable itself starts with one lead, then comes to a box (might be a junction box) it forks into two then back into one i think! The cable can't be folded or hidden at all so sticks out and looks ugly... can this be integrated i wonder?

Also on same point, the system itself is very tempramental.. It takes an age to turn on, you see the glow under the stereo, then you go to search for iPod, find it, select song... It begins playing, like music to your ears, then says... NOT CONNECTED. . You try again.... nothing..... then you pull over, look at iPod and it says, not charged? The system is meant to charge and play music (cable was expensive). Asked MINI dealer for advice and the said the dreaded words 'I don't know'. Also tried googling it for possible troubleshooting advice etc. The information leaflet that was supplied was dated 2007? All it said is plug in & bobs your uncle. Well Bob's not my uncle as its the most unpredicable system, its so tempramental and very frustrating. You'd be there listening away, then with my MFSW i'd move a song, then it'd disconnect itself?!! Today the song i had selected, which happens to be the first track on the whole iPod, began jumping?? The iPod is a hard drive so how does it jump, it then disconnected itself? Ok think you get the idea..... Thanks in advance..... :) Photos on request! Siobhan
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Re: R55 Cable that connects iPod to Stereo

Postby Owen » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:08 pm

Sounds like a dodgy cable. The cable is ugly, and there's no way to conceal it really, but it's still the best standard iPod connection out there as most cars don't even have iPod capability, only a line in.

I'd ask your local dealer if they have a cable they could let you try for a day, and see does that rectify the matter.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: R55 Cable that connects iPod to Stereo

Postby Bawnee » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Will try for that Owen, thanks! :)
Bawnee
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help