Go to footer

My horn died :-(

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

My horn died :-(

Postby cian_on_minis » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:31 pm

My horn died a few nights back,04 cooper, has anyone had this problem i wonder is it a fuse?????? but when i bought the mini the person before did a cowboy job fitting a hands free kit and the wires above the wiper fluid container are exposed,wonder has wear and tear broke the connection.
does anyone know where the wires run for the horn?
cian_on_minis
Getting used to the place

Re: My horn died :-(

Postby Owen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 pm

Two thing to check. The fuse, and the horn. The best thing to do is open the fuse panel, it's in the passenger footwell and identify the horn fuse - there'll be a diagram on the panel showing you which one is which. Make sure it's not blown.

If that doesn't work, take a length of wire from the positive lead on the battery, and touch it off the horn positive terminal. If it sounds you know the wiring then is at fault. If it doesn't, it's the horn. Eliminate all the simple stuff before you go examining the wiring.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Postby iwanagofast » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:14 pm

There are some little blue pills that'll help, I think they make them in Cork
[img:321:240]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/iwanagofast/MINI%20and%20focus/100_0300-1-1-1.jpg[/img]
iwanagofast
I'm spending far too much time here

Postby cian_on_minis » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 pm

checked the fuse alright straight away, its not blown, its probably the wiring but wouldnt be confident in doing wires myself...... id end up looking like doc from back to the future............ :D

lol blue pills....... u got contacts yeah ??? :p
cian_on_minis
Getting used to the place

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help