Go to footer

removing dash

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

removing dash

Postby doyle11 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi New here, I have a 96 ap import looking to see whats the best and safest way to remove the dash?
doyle11
Just Joined!

Re: removing dash

Postby irlmin » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:25 am

Sorry for the late reply , and welcome to the site , do you want to remove the dash completely or just get access to some dash components ? there are bolted 'brackets' on the bottom of the dash accessed from underneath the metal dash rail and there are plastic 'clips' on the top of the wood dash remove these and the dash will pop out , be careful with the brackets as its possible to pull them away from the wood dash if you are not careful , make sure you disconnect the battery as there are lots of electrical components active in there , best advice I can give you is if you want to do some 'light' maintenance etc on your mini is to get yourself a Haynes manual all the basic and some tech stuff is in there . and of course feel free to pop in here anytime .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help