Go to footer

How to change your oil

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

How to change your oil

Postby Owen » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Couple of stupid technical errors here, rub oil around the ring of the new oil filter to ensure a good seal, and never touch used engine oil with your skin - it's under investigation as a possible carcinogen. And obviously you need to wear skimper clothes.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: How to change your oil

Postby midas » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:02 pm

What can I say....... But I can't see Aiden and Ger fitting into the dresses.
And Owen I would love to see how you got to that site............what led you to it............or maybe no it best left to the imagination.............................................
Plastic can't rust..........
midas
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Postby Owen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Funnily enough, it was linked on another motoring site, so I'm off scott free ... this time!!
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: How to change your oil

Postby redS » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:55 am

Has anyone ever come across a sump plug thats so tight it wont open and the head on the plug wears down so the socket wont fit anymore?? (obviously over tightened by previous garage wayyyyy too much) :1icon_evil:
Basically has anyone ever rung off the head from the thread?? is this likely to happen if i go at it with a vice grips??
"Bend the rules, Rule the bends"
redS
I'm spending far too much time here

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help