Go to footer

Stone chips on bonnet - touch up questions

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Stone chips on bonnet - touch up questions

Postby langdang » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Paging Dr Owen!
Just wondering - where is the best place to get a little kit to touch up stone chips? Roughly how mucho?
Black 02 Cooper, someone probably knows the paint name/code off the top of their head, but just for my own reference - where do I find the code?

Any tips? Other than a toothpick, a steady hand and some patience? Any special way to wash it down before hand?
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Stone chips on bonnet - touch up questions

Postby Owen » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 pm

It's not really possible to touch up stone chips, you can paint them in, but the crater that's caused by the stone impact will always be there. You just need a bit of paint and a toothpick to touch it up. I'm happy to help you out someday if you want.
Owen
Founding Member & Site Admin

Re: Stone chips on bonnet - touch up questions

Postby langdang » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Cool, just want to reduce how obvious they are. Hoping to have it done before the end of May - I'll give ya a shout some time soon.
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help