Go to footer

Stabilisers for spot lights

All your technical, mechanical, electrical, exterior, interior, I.C.E. and even baby seat questions go in here. We've a lot of Mini gurus on the forum who'll be glad to help out with whatever technical probllems your Mini is having, or if you'd like to upgrade/modify yours we'll try to help too.

Moderator: MiniMpi

Stabilisers for spot lights

Postby langdang » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:33 pm

Hi, had this chat with people up in Cahir the last day:
02 Cooper, fitted with Hella FF200 spots, using Wipac mounts.
Either the mounts are a little flimsy, or the extra weight of the Hellas (thick glass!) is too much for them, but they are a bit wobbly on bad roads. Of course, most of the roads that used to be bad are now atrocious, so I suppose one cure would be to just slow down, but I'd like to steady up the lights a small bit all the same.

Ger suggested a bit of welding, which is the easiest way. But Owen and Alvin both mentioned plastic or rubber spacers/braces to put between the back of the lights and the bonnet. I'd be interested to know if anyone has any pictures of any attempts to stabilise their lights, or if anyone knows where to get or how to make a set of spacers to put behind the lights? Also if anyone has a spare set of stronger brackets that would fit in the holes already drilled for the Wipacs?
langdang
I'm becoming a MINI adict

Re: Stabilisers for spot lights

Postby irlmin » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:27 am

I would go with the bracket reinforcement initially , we have fitted lots of the FF200s and its amazing that only some suffer the shaking problem ,some of the Hellas come with the adjustable stabilizers , I will have a look in the workshop Today and see if I have any .
G
irlmin
MCOI Founding Member

Return to Board index

Return to Technical Questions and General Mini Help